Life in maastricht as a Greek student

Hallo all!

I am thinking of studying in maastricht for a masters and i would like to know some things about the city and the life there.

Any oppinion about the town would be usefull!

i would be especially interested in other Greeks oppinions to give me information from a greek
Point of view.

Oppinions on the university are also very welcome!

Thank you all in advance!

Welcome to Expat.com Giannis85!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

:)

Nobody in maastricht?

Hi and welcome,
I am not a student, I don't live in Maastricht. Just my 2 cents:

I think you should mostly care about the quality of studies in the Uni, how its graduates find their way in the market, and the financial aspect (cost of tuition, housing, food/trasportation).. compared to other countries, and other NL cities/universities.

Also look at the possibilities of living and working in NL (compared to Greece or other EU countries), in case you decide, and can, stay after your studies.

If you, yourself, are open minded, giving, and outspoken, you will not have difficulty making friends, from any country.
but don't expect people just to befriend you because you are Greek.

I am sure you will meet some people that make rude/"cold jokes" (KRYA ASTEIA, malakies) to you just because you're Greek. Maybe it is the same treatment that people from Albania or Pakistan get from (some, not all) people in Athens, is n't it? :)   . Rude, uneducated, or badly informed people exist everywhere.

And I am also sure, that you will meet more civilized people that will treat you fairly and friendly.
The people that belong to the 2nd group are more than the prejudiced jerks.