Part time cook needed

Hello,
I will be leaving for Nepal on the 23rd of december..and being quite busy and not very fond of cooking was wondering if any1 knows of any help ie cooks that can come to bhaisepethi twice or thrice a week and cook some non spicy indian meals..ofcourse any other cusine is a bonus..

I have heard that quite a few people in nepal get sum1 to cook for them at their place is that true?

thx,
tanya.

Hello Tanya.

Can you please post an advert in the Jobs in Nepal section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Tanya,

I found cooking too time consuming, not in the last place because shopping for ingredients costs lots of time here. I have a housekeeper now who cooks all meals, and keeps the house nice and tidy.

A cook / housekeeper you will find by talking to your neighbors, at the corner shops and to anyone you get into contact with. Tell them what kind of person you're looking for, and you will see that probably rather sooner then later someone will contact you for the position.

Don't bother looking in forums or newspaper adds, housekeeper / cook level staff usually does not visit the internet or reads too many newspapers.
(of course then next reply will come from a cook who does, just
to prove me wrong, but usually... not :) )

And when I found my housekeeper, I sent her on a cooking class for teaching her how to prepare western meals. Every day the same types of food got rather boring for me...

Oh, and the official minimum wages are just under NPR. 5,000/- a month, which is really hard to live on for Nepali people in Kathmandu (impossible for foreigners).

Jorge.

ONCE AGAIN THX A LOT FOR YOUR HELP AND CONSIDERATION.

@venus0q -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie