Relocating and Job

Hi All
I have been wanting to move to Gibraltar for some time now,and have run up against a catch 22 situation of sorts, Should i move and then get a job or do I wait to get a job offer then move.  I must say that I have been scratching my head for some time about this.
Although each has it`s own merits, they both have a down side and ideally you would want them both at the same time.
As an ex military man, I have done what I thought was the right thing and take a break and let my wife go out to work, I think this has come back to bite me in the behind.  when asked why im not working apparently looking after the children is not a good enough answer,

employers in Gibraltar wont take you seriously unless u are over here, that is because kots of people say they want to come but never actually make a move. Believe me if you take a holiday or come over for a week you will find something. I got a job and my husband was worried he wouldn't but he did straight away ot depends what you are looking for.

Have u done research into accommodation as this is very expensive and can make u change your mind.