Is Irish people generally friendly compare to French?

Hi
I'm Thai and living in France.We're thinking to move to Ireland.We living in France for nearly 6 years now and all my boys were born here. Please don't get me wrong ,some does are really nice but when you met some typical French,I just have any words to say.I'm sorry as it's really really put me down.So I just want to know generally Irish people is friendly,as I don't want any of my kids face an experience same as me. Thank you

Hello pippin.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Pippin

YES YES YES!!  We Irish are the most friendly!  I have a Thai restaurant in a small town.  My Thai wife and my Thai staff love living and working here.  My wife and I go to France alot and we find them quite rude.

Irish people are actually reserved. They are no more friendly than French people or anyone else. If anything, worse.

It is a bit difficult to generalise!!! My experience after living here over 20 years is that the Irish are more friendly and open to strangers then their Continental or English counterparts. In no way I would call Irish reseved. Scandinavians or Germans or English can be reseved but def. not the majority of Irish.

The downside is that irish people can be unreliable and sloppy.
Before I would move to Irl. I would also think about the limited Health System, relative high Unemploment, Cool Climate and the closed rural societies which exist outside the 3 or 4 bigger cities or towns)

Since the economic crisis, attitudes among ordinary Irish people have changed towards non-white immigrants. Like Greece, there has been an upsurge in xenophobic sentiment and in some cases; attacks on immigrants and their residences. These happened in different locations across Ireland - some in Dublin, others in Belfast.