Working for an Employer

Although Puerto Rico is part of the Mainland, however, would I be contributing to Federal, State, and Social Security, if I were working for an Employer?  Thank you,

PR is a US territory and the rules are  little different from the rules for states.

You would pay local income tax and also social security but no federal income tax.

Thanks, Gary. Do you happen to know the percentage for the local tax? By the way, I am making my 2nd visit in 5 weeks, and want to make this a research trip, as well as a holiday. What would you suggest that I visit, read, interview, etc, with regards to San Juan?

prico wrote:

Thanks, Gary. Do you happen to know the percentage for the local tax?

That depends on your income. This site seems to have the info you need: http://www.dollarman.com/puertorico/taxes.html

prico wrote:

By the way, I am making my 2nd visit in 5 weeks, and want to make this a research trip, as well as a holiday. What would you suggest that I visit, read, interview, etc, with regards to San Juan?

I assume you are fluent in Spanish? Get the local newspapers every day and check the classified ads. Unemployment is high right now so you may want to check if there are job offers in your field.
Look at housing prices and availability in the area where you would want to live.

Ok, my field is sales, insurance at this time, and I am also an AVON Representative, working on my online business.  Cant speak Spanish, alittle German, so yes, that will something I will work on.  Thank you again, and Happy New Year!!