Hello! Canadians Looking for Jobs - 2013

Hey Everyone!

Last summer, I had the divine pleasure of spending April-July volunteering in Vietnam. I had to come back to Canada early due to sickness but I'm anxiously planning my return. Since my trip, I have graduated with a Bachelors Degree and I'm currently finishing up my TEFL course.
I'm just wondering what might be a good school to apply to? I'm looking to spend a year and maybe end up staying longer.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations of other jobs for expats without a degree/TESL. My boyfriend is thinking of coming with me but he has yet to finish University. He has a diploma in Graphic Design but I'm thinking job hunting might be a little difficult!

Any suggestions?
:)

If you have a degree you should consider applying for a position at one of the many universities in the TP HCM area.

Many / most English instructors only have non-degree training which precludes them from these positions which means your chances of landing a job are that much more better - less competition.

Do you speak French as well?

P.S. I spent a couple of years contracting at NB Tel - really enjoyed the Miramichi. Sorry to see the covered bridge in Fredericton has gone, really changed the views. I remember that huge pile of logs in Edmundston, too.

Hey!
I do speak French. Although not as fluently as two years ago when I was using it on a daily basis, however I still consider myself to be semi-fluent.
Hmm, I was more interested in Hanoi, but I can definitely see the appeal of HCMC!

Ha Noi seems to be the place for those interested in French, although there a fewer here in HCMC.

The BIG difference is the weather. Ha Noi is a bit like living in southern Nova Scotia, a;though far less snow (barely any) and HCMC has warm/hot weather all year long. But we have great storms.

Even of your French isn't fluent, a little practice and you could have another source of income.

Check your PM.

Thanks! :)