Hides Gas Development Company LTD

Hi,

Any information regarding Hides Gas in terms of salary, accommodation and work environment.

Thanks.  Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Chan

Hi and welcome to the forum Chan!

An introduction maybe?

Regards
Armand

Hi Chan and welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for this introduction.

I am sure you will receive lots of replies very soon.

All the best,
Christine

chanandres97 wrote:

Hi,

Any information regarding Hides Gas in terms of salary, accommodation and work environment.

Thanks.  Any feedback is very much appreciated.

Chan

Hi Chan,

I have just left the LNG site in Hides after 3 years on the project with CB&ICLOUGHJV
The work enviroment at Hides could be described as Tough..but of course this will depend on what you are used to. The camp itself  was originally specd for 1400 people, a month ago on my departure we were at 1900 and mobilizing up to 150 people a week & heading towards 2500. What this means is LONG LINES for everthing, and if you are an OCN which I gather you are you will be sharing acommodation with up to 8 others, if you are an Xpat you will have your own room..well appointed. Food is OK & you can eat as much as you like which suits me! There are recreation facilities pool tables, table tennis, indoor soccer, basketball, driving range, would pay to take your own bats, cues etc as there are never enough available. Internet access is average to say the least and there is wifi in the KDR.

There is a very profesional work culture at Hides & within the JV with freindly people yet very focused on the task at hand which is major !

I have also spent alot of time in Lae at the LNG Logistics base at 11 mile. The enviroment there does not compare to Hides, the logistic and Material people there are great and the HBS camp across the way is under constant improvment..but quite comfortable as is. Salary wise the my OCN civil supervision were paid approx 1400 USD per month.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Mike

Thanks Mike/Maloo1 for a well converse information.  Very much appreciated.  Good luck to you too.

Follow-up question Mike/Maloo1.

Did PNG giving a gratuity pay once your contract is over? For example, if you work for 3 years, you will get 1 month pay for every year of service.

Is this provided in the contract or labor laws in PNG?

chanandres97 wrote:

Follow-up question Mike/Maloo1.

Did PNG giving a gratuity pay once your contract is over? For example, if you work for 3 years, you will get 1 month pay for every year of service.

Is this provided in the contract or labor laws in PNG?

Hi Chan,

I worked for CB&I on a PCB (Project Completion Bonus)arrangment as we all do, 20% payout on gross earnings.

Am not sure what contract laws in PNG allow.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Mike.