Bringing medications into Saudi

hi All :)
Anyone know how complicated it is to bring prescribed medications into KSA?  I have read that your luggage is pretty thoroughly searched when you arrive.And how easy is it for a (single) woman to get access to pharmacies and use prescriptions there from non-Saudi doctors? Thanks

Single lady here. My bag wasn't searched upon arrival. I don't know about bringing meds in as I'm anti Big Pharma, but I do know that many meds that would require a prescription in the U.S. don't here.  For example, you can buy antibiotics over-the-counter.  And I've never had a problem going to a pharmacy.  The pharmacies here sell personal care products (e.g. shower gel, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.) so I go often.  If you inform me of specific meds, I can ask the pharmacist next time I go.

With the introduction of baggage x-ray, it's very rare to have a bag physically searched.  It's never happened to me or anybody I know.  I've brought in prescription drugs, no problem.

This has been discussed many times--if you want more information, just do a 'google custom search' (upper right hand corner).

Best of luck!

hey no issues, they don't physically search until unless see suspicious item. Like v were bringing a oil bottle which was shaped like a wine bottle.. so they asked us what is that, we showed them and they said fine. so don't worry.