Living between Australia and Chiang Mai

Hi,

New to the forum and hope this place becomes a great resource for my needs. I'm currently living in Australia but am too young to retire, but I would like to slowly establish myself in Chiang Mai (a second home) by spending my holidays (roughly 60 days a year)living in Chiang Mai and the rest of my time living and working in Australia. I guess at this stage the only real question I have is whether to rent an apartment for 60 days as most leases require 12 months, rent a hotel room each time I visit for 60 days or buy a condo. My preference is for the last option given that this will be a second home for me and would like a place I could call my own, but I'm open to suggestions. Also, how much would I expect to pay in strata fees and utility fees roughly for a modest 1 or 2 bedroom condo in Chiang Mai?

Thanks

Hello Vanilla Slice.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can have an idea of the prices by checking the other ads in the Housing in Chiang Mai section. You can post an advert as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Welcome!

If you have the money the best option should be to buy a condo. Even better is to rent out the condo when you are in Australia and keep it for yourself the other 2 months. Leaving a condo alone for 10 months will sure bring some difficulties. Who's going to maintain the building. and that kind of stuff.

Actually there are a lot of places where you can rent monthly and even daily. I know a place where you can rent a nice hotel like 45 sq ft room for 13.000 per month.

(moderated: no free ads please)