Life Style in Venice for Students

Hi all,

I got admission in Universita Cafoscari Venezia, Venice for the masters program in Computers.

I would like to know the life style, cost of living n jobs. Is there any chance to get part time job as a english speaking guy?

N wat about cost of living n life style in Venice? It would be very helpful if i get some information from u...Thanks in advance.......

Hello luckytlv. :)

This thread could help - Cost of living in Italy.

Concerning the part time job, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Venice section.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I am sorry to say, but Venice is pretty expensive for day to day life.  Also because there are so many foreign people living in it it is not as easy to find a job just because you speak English.  You will be better renting a flat outside Venice, in mestre or around there, average price for small flat is about 600 euros a month. For a room is a bit cheaper but not much.  Wages are quite low and usually if you do  not speak italian people are not that keen on giving you a job.

lucktlv.. are you presently in India or Italy and how is life over there...I will like to know where you submit your application for visa if you have done that and how much is the cost of getting declaration of value in India ...I am planing to apply in Mumbai kindly update me....and again please how do you go about..hostel reservation for visa ...
Any cheap hostel for student ..please if there is any hint I want to make reservation for my visa application