Italian citizen with a work offer looking for a visa to work in the US

I have been offered a job in the US by a subsidiary of a large German Group in Florida. Unfortunately the company cannot do anything to help me obtaining the visa since I should have been working for the Group for at least one year here in Europe. Does anybody know if there is another possibility? If I obtain a letter from the company that they want to hire me, can I start the formalities to obtain the visa by myself? How long would that take? Probalibility of success?
Thanks to all for your advice and help
Kind regards,
Pincopalle

Hello Pincopalle,

I invite you to take a look to the Guide United States for more guidance.

In the meantime I hope that our members will be able to help.

Melissa

Hi Pincopalle,

I have just been denied access to the US for the first time in my life. This happened at Philadelphia International Airport on 17 Nov and was a bit of a shocking experience. The good thing is that since then I have become a bit of an expert in US visa regulations and am learning more every day. The visa you were considering at first is an Intercompany Transfer Visa and it is correct that this is subject to you having worked for a certain period for your company before they can transfer you.
There are other types of visas available: one I can think of is the H1B visa: to obtain this visa your employer (being the subsidiary company in the US) needs to file a petition I-129 with USCIS. Also, the company MUST advertise the job you will fill in the local press and needs to give satisfactory evidence to the Department of Labor that no local US Citizen or permanent resident can fill the job. Once this is all done you will the be invited to start the H1B visa process at the US consulate in Italy.
That's one other way. Perhaps a J visa would be another possibility (trainee visa)? Best to check with an immigration lawyer, try Philip Teplen in NY on 212.401.4040.
He gave me some really good advice.

Best of luck!