Scuba Diving

Anybody interested in doing a dive in Jubail this friday?

I am andvaved open water diver.

I am interested but i have no equipment except a diver watch.

any chance?

Goldmine, Let me see what I can do, we need 6 people to complete the group, including you we are 4. Dont worry about the equipments, we should be able to manage. Hopefully u have the license with you. I will keep you posted. Send me your email address/ phone number via PM.

Vincci wrote:

Hi there - please keep me posted as well. Missed this friday but hopefully catch the next invitation

Sure thing, most probably next Friday, given the weather is good, we might dive again in Jubail. Do you have your diving license and gear.

Vincci wrote:

Hi
I have my diving license - want to do advanced course but not at the diving shop attached to Intercontinental (still not got my log book from them) - I don't have a BCD etc, only diving suit, mask and flippers.

You caught me at the right time, I am an open water diver too planning to do my advanced diver course. And there are a couple of us who are doing this. We are from the Khobar region and dive mostly in Jubail. I will contact my trainer and see if he can arrange something for you. All u need is the suit, mask, shoes and flippers.

Can you PM me your email address and phone number. Ill get in touch with you.

Vincci wrote:

Hi
I tried to send it but got error msg

Got it. I will keep you posted on the forthcoming dives.

hello all!

I had given up trying to find a Suba group!
Still haven't managed to dive here yet.
I am really interested in learning about future dive trips.
SSI Advanced, only soft equip.  I'd be really grateful if you could keep me informed of any Dive action. I'd love to join.

dan79 wrote:

hello all!

I had given up trying to find a Suba group!
Still haven't managed to dive here yet.
I am really interested in learning about future dive trips.
SSI Advanced, only soft equip.  I'd be really grateful if you could keep me informed of any Dive action. I'd love to join.

Where are you located in Saudi Arabia?

In Jubail.

dan79 wrote:

In Jubail.

Wonderful, we dive in Jubail all the time. Will keep you posted on the dives as they happen. Send me a PM with your email id and phone number. There is nothing happening this month, the next dives will be in Jan. Keep your license ready.

Hi I'm interested.

Syedahmedrazaabidi wrote:

Hi I'm interested.

PM me your email address and Phone number I will keep you posted. Are you certified?

Hello, I am interested. But i have not done any diving before nor do i know swimming!. Would love to learn though. Any Chance/Hope?

jumbosid wrote:

Hello, I am interested. But i have not done any diving before nor do i know swimming!. Would love to learn though. Any Chance/Hope?

You are welcome to scuba dive with us and there are quite someplaces that will train you for the same.

I am from Dammam area and I c u r from Jubail. I hear in Jubail intercontinental trains people. Contact "Vincci" (u can find him, if you just scroll through this thread)He is from Jubail and did his course in Jubail. Now dives with us. Or you can join my instructor in Khobar.

Basic knowledge of swimming is required. I am hoping you are not afraid of water.

I WANT TO, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE GEARS AND BESIDES I REALLY WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A DIVING TEAM.

I AM FROM JUBAIL AND HOW MUCH WILL I INCUR IN LEARNING INCLUDING THE GEARS.

WHO IS THIS "VINCCI"?. DOES HE HAS A MOBILE NUMBER SO I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM.CAN I BRING MY SON WHO'S 14 YEARS ALSO TO JOIN AND LEARN?

warlord1221 wrote:

I WANT TO, BUT I DON'T HAVE THE GEARS AND BESIDES I REALLY WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF A DIVING TEAM.

I AM FROM JUBAIL AND HOW MUCH WILL I INCUR IN LEARNING INCLUDING THE GEARS.

The cost for training in Khobar is Sr.1700, gear depends on what you wish to buy. Vincci is a guy from Jubail, he trained under intercontinental, but advises against it. You can scroll up to the top of this post and you will find him. He now dives with us not with his initial Jubail team. If its convenient for you, I would advise joining our team in khobar, coz our instructor is real good and he organizes everything perfectly.

warlord1221 wrote:

WHO IS THIS "VINCCI"?. DOES HE HAS A MOBILE NUMBER SO I CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM.CAN I BRING MY SON WHO'S 14 YEARS ALSO TO JOIN AND LEARN?

Warlord - Writing in full caps is considered rude so please abstain from doing it. And your question "WHO IS THIS "VINCCI"?" is also considered rude.

You can bring your son, no worries.

sorry about that! anyhow, to whom i could get in touch if i'll join the khobar group.please keep me posted of your activities.

You can get in touch with me, PM u the contact details. Will keep you posted on the dive activities.

Hi all.
I am new in al jubail and i am interested to start diving lessons,
please can anybody tell me the first steps to do? which classes to attend?
thank you in advance

daniel

Anyone interested in diving in Nahda club. Although I'm not 100% sure if they will allow, I think they would, If anyone interested I can ask them. The pool is 2 meter to 5 meter deep. 30 meters long. I have seen a person doing his divemaster test there.

So how was the jeddah trip? Any dammam or jubail trip coming up?

The weather is slowly setting in, we had planned a trip this last Friday in Jubail but couldn't do it coz of the weather and the non availability of a boat.

Ooh, Hopefully it will get better very soon. Why don't you make a facebook page for this club? Do keep me updated if you have any trip coming soon please.

hi every1 hope u all r gud.i want to join u people at this friday any chance??i dun have any lisence or previous experience but i can swim ,is there any possibilty without lisence or its compulsory .Thank u

sameer_90 wrote:

hi every1 hope u all r gud.i want to join u people at this friday any chance??i dun have any lisence or previous experience but i can swim ,is there any possibilty without lisence or its compulsory .Thank u

License is a must. If you are keen on doing it, you can always get certified through my instructor by PADI. The course fee is around 1800SR.

ok thx u very much for info :-)

Hi John, just moved to Saudi and looking for dive trips around khobar, any ideas?

KSAMIR wrote:

Hi John, just moved to Saudi and looking for dive trips around khobar, any ideas?

Planning on doing one this weekend in Jubail(7th or 8th), we all are from Dammam / Khobar and travel by a car or two to Jubail. Are you a certified diver?

I want to join you guys, Can you give me some details, Like do I need to bring my gear? what are the charges?

I want to join you guys, Can you give me some details, Like do I need to bring my gear? what are the charges?

You need to have the basic gears. Snorkel, Suit, Shoes, Fins and Goggles.

The rest will be provided for, with a charge. Tanks, Weights, BCD and Regulators.

The charges depend on the number of people diving, the type of boat we take and equipments rented. I would say ~400SR.

NB: Must have the Divers License and IQAMA.

Do I need dive permit (The local dive permit)? , How many dives?

Do I need dive permit (The local dive permit)? , How many dives?

Dive Permits will be taken for you. The number of dives and whether we will dive at all depends on weather conditions. Ideal scenario 3 dives.

I made this group on facebook so we can find divers who don't use Expat.com to join us.

Hopefully john you can be administrator of that group since you are the one planning most the of dives.

We can post pictures of our trip or events.

Thank You Syed. The fact is I am already in the process of making a page myself. Just gathering stuff for the same. Its a good idea to have it. Just coordinating with the other people to get some inputs. Thanks for the invite.

So u up for this weekend or not?

No problem, If you want you can use my page, But do as you feel comfortable.
I'm in for the weekend (75%). I will let you know my final answer by tuesday.

whats the page? And please let me know fast. And if you promise to come and I give your name dont be a "no show".

here's the page.

facebook.com/pages/Eastern-region-scuba-divers/142290025939117