Hello everyone! Moving to malta next Saturday

Hello,

My name is Vítor and i'm Portuguese :)

I'm moving to Malta next Saturday ( November 24th ).

My work place is in Marsa so i am searching for an appartment on walking distance from there.

My estate agent is saying that Valletta and Marsascala is good and that the buses are regular and are 20mins away from Marsa, but i see everyone complaining about buses. Is it reliable to live in Marsascala/Valletta and go to work everyday in Marsa by bus?

I saw a good apartment in Hamrun that is close to Marsa. Is it a good area to live? Does it have places near to go shopping?

Thank you all :D
See you on Saturday !

Hiya and welcome,

Marsascala is i my opinion to far for bus to Marsa, but Valletta, Luqa, Birzebbuga, Poala, Qormi are all easy by bus

Julian

The distance from/to M'Skala shall not be the problem, but the reliability of the Arriva service is ... especially at rush hour ... for the beginning it would be better to find an accommodation very near your working place.

Hi Vitor,

Welcome to Malta !

Hamrun is very close to Marsa and it is a shopping locality.

I think you should consider the place.

You won't barely make it by car from Marsascala in 20minutes without traffic, imagine by Bus!  And coming from the south is a nightmare in the morning, although buses have their bus lane.  The question is whether the bus arrives!

Hamrun is the closest village and you can go by walk.  With a bicycle you may consider St. Venera and Blata Bajda.  Forget the other villages.

Though if you are going to work in the Marsa industrial estate where the factories are, you may consider Hal-Luqa and Hal-Qormi with a bicycle.

Good luck, enjoy! :)

Thank you for your help!

I am now in Malta :) Sliema.

I will check next monday for appartments near Marsa so that i don't have to go to work by bus.

Btw, it's hard to be here and don't know anyone :S

zeroonnet wrote:

Btw, it's hard to be here and don't know anyone :S

But you are in Malta, so go out and meet people! :D