Moving to Egypt - Many Questions

Hey All,
I am moving to Egypt very very soon. to cairo.
I need your help, I have so many queries.

First of all, I am 25 years old, single girl. I'm from Syria, so I am so concerned about facing problems with locals.

I need to decide where to live. Maadi or Heliopoils. I'm looking for a nice appartment, need it to be safe and preferably around Expats.

Second, I need some tips about life in Cairo, I am so concerned about finding friends there.

I love dancing, Salsa and Latin music.. Any Salsa clubs there?

Any information about gyms there, health clubs.. etc?

What about living costs? any idea?

I know many questions, but it was really a hard step for me, and I am so concerned.

Thank you all for any information.

Hello,

i used to work in egypt for one year. it will be easier for you probably but u have to know that Egyptian are very sensitive and they will try to full u about money...
Maadi and heliopolis are very expensive. The price of rentals are higher as they are more safe part of Cairo.
Now depending where u live and what u are doing there, but life is incredibly expensive...a part from that, People are helpful and friendly...another warning guys are dreadfull and u will be kind of sexually harassed.
good luck

hello,
im living in egypt and i want to tell you that every country in this world has it's positive and negative sides.
so take it as advice from me
alway's look to the positive sides and take care of negative sides
and as we know in our culture if you a good person then you will always have the best frinds .
about the accomodation i think it will depend on where will you go every day .
i think heliples (masr el gdeda ) is cheaper than el maadi .
and for the clups you will find them in el zamalek el haram or el maadi  any thing else you can ask me in what you want
and you are wellcome in your second country.
thanks for your time .

hello
first of all well come in your second home Egypt, iam egyptian the life here almost like your country and my be better depend on what you are looking for after stay in Egypt.
for the life its almost cheap and as smartman said it will depend on the area you will stay and for how long.
finally if you need any help or assist for your coming preparations pls dont hesitate to ask me and will do.

Dear Chica,

First I would like to welcome you in Egypt, and wish happy greetings for the New Year.

I would like to assure you about living in Egypt, is very simple, you would not have any difficulties with locals. Egyptians are very friendly and simple, I understood you are from Syria, and we all at Egypt, love Syrians and Lebanese. It would not be a problem at all.

Concerning living in Maadi or Heliopolis, it all depends on your work place, though Maadi, Zamalek and New Cairo, are the most common areas for expats in Cairo, still apartments or villas depends on your monthly budget.

You will find all the interests you need in Egypt, do not worry weather they are salsa, gym, and health or beauty clubs.

Good flats or villas in Maadi start from $ 1800 and up, according to the condition and amenities that it has.

It happened to be I am a Property Manager for a newly established rental apartments complex in New Cairo, you can take a look on the website: kgregypt.com

Meanwhile if you need any further information you can either drop me an email through the complex's website or through the expat site.

Regards, Diaa

the most important thing is be vigilant as locals will try to use you. i hate to offend any body but local guys will harass the **** out of you

Chica-01 wrote:

Hey All,
I am moving to Egypt very very soon. to cairo.
I need your help, I have so many queries.

First of all, I am 25 years old, single girl. I'm from Syria, so I am so concerned about facing problems with locals.

I need to decide where to live. Maadi or Heliopoils. I'm looking for a nice appartment, need it to be safe and preferably around Expats.

Second, I need some tips about life in Cairo, I am so concerned about finding friends there.

I love dancing, Salsa and Latin music.. Any Salsa clubs there?

Any information about gyms there, health clubs.. etc?

What about living costs? any idea?

I know many questions, but it was really a hard step for me, and I am so concerned.

Thank you all for any information.

Here are some answers to your questions.

1- Maadi, Zamalek, Masr AL Jadeedah, are considered the nicest areas in Cairo. And of course are the most expensive.
2- They have Salsa training classes at "Gold's Gym". Not sure if there are any better places. There are a lot of night club too.
3- Gold's Gym is considered the best in Egypt. They have several branches.
4-Living costs are near to those in Syria. Probably a little more. Of course it depends on the lifestyle.
5- Where to meet people. It goes without saying, you will meet a lot of people at work, school, the gym, etc. Looking for something more exciting, hit the clubs.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Andy_22 wrote:

the most important thing is be vigilant as locals will try to use you. i hate to offend any body but local guys will harass the **** out of you

Yup. You'll need to grow thick skin.

Maadi is the best!  And depends what you mean expensive!
I use to go out for shopping during night and nobody touches me or says bad words!
If you behave nice and you are dressed not to be a challenge they don t pay you any attention!
A nice Gym is in Maadi near El Maadi metro station, and not very expensive!
Dangers are all over the world as soon as you don t know how to avoid them!

HELLO..
I'M  french gilr 23 years old, and im trainee in a shool in MAAdi..

For sport club, there is a well known and very good sport club in ZAhraa el Maadi, its juste near maadi..

the cost of live, is not too expensive.. but if you want to move, travel, somethng like that you need money..

Take CAIRE (:))

Jennyfer

Hello
I am searching for someone to share an apartment..
thanks

welcome to Egypt