Making friends

I note a lot of post about making friends, I'd like to make some comments, having moved a lot in Australia, making friends is not easy even in ur home country, these are some of the reasons
people make life long friends in their school years so new arrivals in a comunity are at a disadvantage.
people make close friends at their workplace, same again
people are close to family, same again.
if u note it's no different here, many expats have expat friends
and their partners family, this is not because Filipinos are unfriendly it's because they are busy making a living and have plenty of friend in their own community that they have made through life, the best bet to solve this is target the people that are new to ur community like u, just as foreigner do.
Pete

That makes a lot of sense, mate!

Thank you for this post..Filipino are really friendly.
For those who said that they still have no friend until now, I'm here at Ortigas, call me anytime,

Making friend will be easy if you will also do your part in reaching people..what ever races it is..

Thanks Pete.

:up:

blueoakey wrote:

I note a lot of post about making friends, I'd like to make some comments, having moved a lot in Australia, making friends is not easy even in ur home country, these are some of the reasons
people make life long friends in their school years so new arrivals in a comunity are at a disadvantage.
if u note it's no different here, many expats have expat friends
and their partners family, this is not because Filipinos are unfriendly it's because they are busy making a living and have plenty of friend in their own community that they have made through life, the best bet to solve this is target the people that are new to ur community like u, just as foreigner do.
Pete

This really depends on the activity of the person. I have met lots of expats here in clubs and parties with whom I mostly go out with nowadays. They have been open to meeting with people outside their circle and with that, their network and friends are expanded. I believe if one goes out the possibilities are endless! :one

blueoakey wrote:

making friends is not easy even in ur home country, these are some of the reasons
Pete

Too true,once you move it becomes very difficult to make friends,more like aquaintances.The onus is on you,yourself to get out and speak out.To find a true friend though,takes time.

[Moderated: Off topic]

True :)

Resuri_Ann wrote:

This really depends on the activity of the person. I have met lots of expats here in clubs and parties with whom I mostly go out with nowadays. They have been open to meeting with people outside their circle and with that, their network and friends are expanded. I believe if one goes out the possibilities are endless! :one

Well said, I have met foreigners in manila who are really interested to make friendship with Arab people and learn Arabic language as well. Its great that foreigners are interested to study about my culture.
I also met a local Filipino who are really " open minded " and I have fun with them.
Normally I avoid close minded people because they can't think in right way!

Have a great day all.

reality checked.... :)