Expat meet in Liege

Hey all.

I was thinking about arranging a meet in liege on december 15th.

Is this something people would back up? I think it could be fun to meet some other expats, and get something to eat or drink.

at the moment it's gonna be me my flatmate(also from denmark) and a girl from brussels.

Pls let em know if you would join an event like this, and we will get more in to the details later.

Best regards
Thomas

Hello Thomas.

It's a great idea! :)

Hope other members will be able to join you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Thomas!

I am partly living in Liege also and I'd be very interested to meet some english speaking people, as I have not found many of them in Liege yet. :P

I am glad about your msg here and I'd like to get together. But why 15. December? Though I think I am free yes :P

So let me know more precisly about the meeting!

Best,
Meeli

Hi all,
I do live in Liège and I would also like to join the meeting.

See u soon!

María

Hey to all.

That is just perfect, nice to see that there is actually people in here. :)

Are you both ready to go and get some light dinner and if people are up for it a couple of drinks afterwards?

Meeli, no really, not many who speaks english, the only ones i have met have also been expats, or people from work.

This was the only weekend me and my flatmate didn't have plans in december and november, otherwise it would have been middle of january.

Dear All.

We have decided that the meet will take place "la maison du peket"
http://www.maisondupeket.be/ph_apropos.aspx

We will meet up at 19:00.
Looking forward to meeting everybody who decides to join.

If you have trouble finding it my number is.
+32 476947599

Nice choice of place :)

Hey guys,this is a great idea.Sure am looking forward to meeting some English speakers.See you all on 15th.Abientot

Hi!
Is still the meeting on? I need to go somewhere today and I dont know what time exactly I will be back so I might join later. However I thought about telling a friend so please let me know if time (19h) and place (Maison du peket) are still the same in case they want to join

See you soon!

Hey Maria.

Yes this is still on.

Well be there at 19 but you just join when you are ready.

Hey all unfortunately our appointment in leuven was delayed so well be there at 20

Hi all!

Sorry I finally didn't make it :s I just arrived to Liège... I didn't think I would come back this late!
I hope u had a nice time and that something else is organised soon :)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

María

Hi all,

Only got this post now by email so completely missed the meetup... I would love to meet other expats in Liege.  Let me know the next time you are organising something.

Maedbh

Hey Maedbh.

Unfortunately nobody showed up the last time, so it was just me and my colleague.
I wont plan a meet like this again because my colleague has returned home and I don't want to be standing alone in a bar, last time was fine because we just went drinking.
Also i'm moving to Brussels, and am now in contact with some Scandinavian expats in Brussels.

But good luck with it, if you decide to create a meetup.

Hey guys, I just started a new thread about a new group of Liege newbies.  I thought you guys might be interested.  Cheers.

hi there,

I am up for it, when and where?

Maedbh

Am so upto it...just tell me what to do.You wanna organize something?It would be so nice to plan another meeting since the last backfired.

Hi there,

This is the other post for the new group: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=228836