Raising objection for traffic ticket

Got a speeding ticket for going 90kmph when the limit was 70 kmph...
Has anyone ever gone through the objection process for a traffic ticket ? How does it work ? And has anyone had a ticket cancelled ever ?

A little off topic, but I was once at an intersection when the traffic light stopped working (it stayed red for over 20 minutes!). This happend in Ramadan JUST before iftar time, which meant that everyone waiting was going bat-shit crazy. A few cars decided to go through the red-light and had all the cameras go off on them. There were obviously no cops to be seen and probably wouldn't have come until they were all well fed.

So one of the starving men had a brilliant idea to cover all the plates of the waiting cars with newspapers. A group of guys went around and taped the papers on all the cars and everyone drove away together. I don't know why, but I found it very funny.

got to traffic police office, moroor in takasusi st, just present ur iqama and violation ID, they have the copy or footage of your violation for review. if u violated traffic rules u have to pay for it, no questions ask

bettleguese wrote:

got to traffic police office, moroor in takasusi st, just present ur iqama and violation ID, they have the copy or footage of your violation for review. if u violated traffic rules u have to pay for it, no questions ask

Yes, I agree.
If you have done a violation you have to pay.

However, if you are sure you didnt cross the limit.. you can follow the process as defined.

Rmr, to object / pay before 30 days else it will be doubled

Just wanted to know if anyone ever has actually gone through the process and got the ticket cancelled ?

shoaib629 wrote:

Just wanted to know if anyone ever has actually gone through the process and got the ticket cancelled ?

I am also intrested in knowing the same. Not sure, how complciated is the proess.. or its better to pay 300 :)