Cooking in mountains

I was in Peru a few months ago, mostly Lima.  However because I went to Machu Piccu I spent a few nights in Cusco.  My question is:  I thought in the mountains it was hard to cook because the atmosphere is thin and you can't get the temperature of what you're cooking to a desired degree which is why people use pressure cookers.  However I didn't see any pressure cookers up there and the food was o.k. to me.  Just wondering.

I am going back soon and does anybody have info about Iquitos?  I was warned about bug infections. Thanks, Gordon

i went to iquitos in sept.  it is fine.  i didnt take any medicines, and i didnt get any infections.  it is kinda a dirty gross city, but the jungle is really cool... and there are pink dolphins in the amazon river!  the zoo is worth a visit... but be aware that it is a third world zoo and not a first world zoo... and the butterfly garden is soooo neat... its also an animal orphanage.. i highly recommend that.  do NOT go to the Boras... its a huge rip off and not in the least bit authentic.

have funnnn!  oh... get a hotel that has air conditioning and a pool ;)

go pacaya - samiria national parc

oh! I am Peruviam, YOu should have gone to the highlands, and see HOw they  cook in " Ollas de barro y a leña" That is a must. I Have family in the Highlands and they do.
NOt to say that there is a national dish called, Pachamanca, which is literary cook underground by hot stones.
byebye. PD I had to write something in a forum, before star sending mssages.