How is the job market in Germany?

I read that in Canada the job market is scarce and super competitive everybody wants a piece of it. Looking for a job there is a devilish nightmare  I don't know why even though canada is a huge country.
What about Germany?

Hi Hericles,

I would say the job market in Germany is also not easy these days. But it also highly depends on your qualification... for example, there is still a lack of skilled engineers.
You should also know that in the European Union, people are free to choose the country they want to work and live in. Especially since the economic crisis, many young, skilled workes come to Germany. German language courses are booked out in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Greece. Young people see no perspective in their home country and have not founded their own families yet, so they are flexible.

Thank you so much.

Hericles wrote:

I read that in Canada the job market is scarce and super competitive everybody wants a piece of it. Looking for a job there is a devilish nightmare  I don't know why even though canada is a huge country.
What about Germany?

Germany remains Europe's largest economy even in the current "crisis" :rolleyes:

It needs about 200 000 skilled migrants per year but as an african (like me), it will be very difficult for you to find a job in Germany :mad:

Good luck ;)

My question is meant for everyone african or  not.