New in Puerto Montt

Hello to your all,

Within a couple of days I will start living in Chile, Puerto Montt and will be working in the salmon sector as an intern for the completion of my MSc. in Aquaculture.

At the moment I am in the process of getting an apartment so I any of you have some tips how this works in Chile if there are any websites or estate agents that are recommended let me know

Cheers Tom

Welcome Tom,

I think you could find something in www.elrastro.cl , try with this link to find something about rent an apartment in Puerto Montt http://rastro.com/resultado.html?q=&cl=3000&c=255&t=3

Good luck!

Ricard

You can find here goo.gl/0TmZv or here goo.gl/St24i.
Make sure you get a place near where you are going to work, or at least IN Puerto Montt, because sometimes there are ads from other little villages near the city (if you have a car is no problem, maybe 20 mins)

If you have any question just tell me, I know a lot about Puerto Montt :)

Thank you both Ricardo and Camilin for your help.
Can you also recommend a mobile phone provider that has a good network in this area and may have cheap rates for foreign calls

thank you Tom

I think Entel has good network there, but I don't know how it works with the foreign calls, sorry!

I hope you had success in finding housing - I'm staying at a "hospedaje" paying 80,000 pesos per month. I believe there's rooms available if you haven't yet found anything.

Also, let me know if you'd like to met over a beer!  - Celeste

Tom, I'm not sure I was clear - I'm also in Puerto Montt.

- there aren't very many ex-pats in the city (though more in the Lake District to the north).   = Celeste