Moving with kids

We are considering a move to Brazil and I had a few questions about where we should live and such. We are a family of six with four kids (grades 2,4,6,9 in America) and need to find a good International school with a program suitable for our 9th grader, who is a good student and is aiming at top level American Universities. Also, we would like to know about the best tennis clubs and academies in the city as our kids are avid competitive tennis players who will need to continue playing. And finally.. what are the best places for expats to live. We have lived abroad before and we lucked out in finding a tennis club with a residential community on site, is there anything comparable to that in Sao Paulo Thanks for the help.

Hi - Sao Paulo I'm sure will have everything you're looking for; the city is enormous! But if you're looking outside of SP, then Campinas is a good option. Not too far and still a big city with plenty of options. The American college there is highly rated and I know take kids from pre-school. I think their web address is: http://www.escolaamericanadecampinas.com.br/

I'm not such a tennis player myself, but it's an obsession here in Brasil and I know there are plenty of clubs in all cities, particularly the bigger ones. Clubs tend to be big sports clubs with a variety of options, but tennis is always one of the biggest attractions.

Good luck!

Hi,

In São Paulo and in the  big cities  you can find a house or a flat located in a condomínio ( surrounded by walls ) mostly tennis courts are hard ( cement)surface, but is not rare to find a clay court, the preferably surface in the clubs in Brazil.

If you are seeking for a competitive tennis for your kids, you have to search for tennis academies or clubs which offer this option. As I am a tennis player, I can help you in this search.

Regarding school, the majority of capitals offer international school for expat. In Belo Horizonte, where I live I know this kind of school.

Don't hesitate to contact me

Happy New Year !

Rui