Planning to visit uruguay to learn Spanish

Planning to visit uruguay to learn Spanish. I really don't know how Student visas are issued to Indian Nationals. Can anyone help?

Hi KavitaAmeet and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

All the best,
Harmonie.

Can I ask why you chose Uruguay to study Spanish?  First of all, the dialect spoken there is very unique and not used in other Spanish speaking countries except Argentina.  If you want to learn Spanish that will be universally useful in other areas of the world, study in some other country--e.g. Spain, Mexico, Central America or other South American countries.  Besides, Uruguay is very expensive to live.

I did not find Uruguay very expensive, depending on how you want to live, you can live economicaly there, if you want to. There are probably Spanish schools there that teach Spanish without the heavy accent that most Uruguayans use. It is not another dialect, they use the exact same dictionary that is used in all of the other countries that you mentioned. If you read the newspapers in Uruguay, then you will not find strange words from another dialect. Yes the accent is different there, mainly the pronounciation of the ll consonants, toalla is pronounced toe-why-sha, pollo is poe-show, etc. Different accent, not dialect.

Spanish in Uruguay is pretty similar to Castillan spainish from Spain, lots of soft 's' sounds.  People often speak fairly quickly.  Finally you get some small portuguese influence, but not too much.  Words like 'yo' are pronouced more like 'cho', and the 'll' is pronounced 'sh'.  Otherwise, it is not all that different from other spanish speaking countries.  Chances are if you can learn spanish in Uruguay, you will do well anywhere else.