New in Jakarta

Hi
I am new here and little lost...:-) any expat friends here?

Welcome to Expat.com tapas19!

Your thread has been moved to Jakarta forum for better interactivity.;)

Where are you from?
Do not hesitate to make a longer intro, this might be more pleasant.

Harmonie.

Welcome tp Jakarta! PM me for gatherings and events, I organize it atleast once a week.

Here's a wild idea. there are millions of really nice Indonesian people, try making friends with them.

mas fred wrote:

Here's a wild idea. there are millions of really nice Indonesian people, try making friends with them.

yup, mas fred was right..

Jakarta has many places to go around and make friends.

Only expats?

@tapas19 :welcome to jakarta :-)

Hi,

When did you move here? I think you might have sent me a message earlier. Sure, if you want to go do something sometime, let me know.

See ya,

Julia

Hi Julia,
When are you free? as I am alone, i can meet anytime for a drink...I moved here 0ne month before...my mobile is +628118076696...what is yours? So we can plan to meet...cheers

tapas19 wrote:

Hi Julia,
When are you free? as I am alone, i can meet anytime for a drink...I moved here 0ne month before...my mobile is +6296...what is yours? So we can plan to meet...cheers

Dude, posting your number in open forum is a seriously bad idea.

mas fred wrote:
tapas19 wrote:

Hi Julia,
When are you free? as I am alone, i can meet anytime for a drink...I moved here 0ne month before...my mobile is +6296...what is yours? So we can plan to meet...cheers

Dude, posting your number in open forum is a seriously bad idea.

I think he already knew the risks :)

haha.  im tempted to post my number in the forum as well because i seriously need to find new people in jakarta.

but better if you guys just post where people can meet up here..

pinoy101 wrote:

haha.  im tempted to post my number in the forum as well because i seriously need to find new people in jakarta.

but better if you guys just post where people can meet up here..

I have two numbers.
One is only for the important people like my wife and pizza hut delivery, the other is for everything else.

The problem is easy enough to understand and nothing to do with my incredible good looks, terrific humour, magnetic personality and strong, hunky body.
The problem lies in my wallet, or the perception of it being as fat as the average British girl.
I've had several women (And a couple of less than manly men) sending me a lot of SMS messages, usually asking for English lessons but many more direct.
One daft cow got hold of my wife's number and kept asking her to set up a date with the daft tart and myself.
Like, get real, asking my wife to arrange an extra marital affair - drrrrrrrr

Anyway, I stopped giving my number out at all but I've since bought a cheap phone with a sim card I can just toss away without caring about important pizza delivery or messing about resetting internet services on my smart phone.

Never ever post your number on the post! There are plenty of nice people around here, no doubt. But there are more weirdos who would,likely, text you for bunch of weird reasons. It could be annoying!