Guest House in Myanmar

Hi,

I am looking for information on costs, etc of starting a small budget guest house (probably around 20 rooms) with a bar restaurant on the coast. I have experience running my own guest house in Sihanoukville, Cambodia but now considering relocating. I'm not in it to get rich, just to make a nice living in a nice place. As a foreigner is it easier just to rent an established business on a long lease, or are leases not too secure. Any information would be appreciated, or if someone knows a website where i could find some info would be appreciated.

My business partner has been to Myanmar before, but our plan is to spend time travelling round the country and getting to know the place as well as we can before we would commit to anything.

Thanks,
Dave.

Hello Dave.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will give you some useful informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Yes, you can lease out the land for long term period. Very fortunately, one of my relatives is developing the Guest House @ 1.6 Acres land. It is situated just 3 Km from Yangon International Airport (around 5 min drive). If you interested, drop me your email to reach you. I can send you photos of some properties @ good locations in Yangon together with google map to your inbox.

If the guest house is 3km from Ygn Intl airport, you will certainly loose money and your business within one year. Very very bad location for hotel, motel, guest house, Inn etc...

Hi Dave,

I just saw your post and was curious because, since 1 year, i've been thinking about opening à guesthouse also in Myanmar. Did you find more informations ? I found a great place last year but the conditions must have changed a little bit. I'm know working in Bkk but would love to open à small business on the beach in Myanmar; also i'm looking for a business partner

Hey,
I was wondering around the web searching about information concerning a guest house in mynmar and found your post
Am also interestef in getting to know more about