Looking for staff

I will move to Pokhara end of this year. I am looking for an elderly couple for helping cleaning and gardening, paying utility bills, getting gas and so on. Would providce a room in the house with own bathroom. Does anybody has an idea how to find reliable people or even know some ?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum pls]

Hello itsmeinNepal.

I suggest you to post an advert in the Personal and Household services category in the Jobs in Nepal section. It could help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Publish the ad in "kantipur Daily" a work costs 8 rupees. Surely wud solve the problem.

Ads in the newspaper or online ads don't seem to bring more than one or two people. It's strange. Then the people who come, if they see that you are a foreigner, just come to shop you to see how they can get into your pocket.

I am an older woman and I've seen several men in their 20's-40's who have lied about being married even when their wives were pregnant. It's like a combination of con artist and man whore. Then all those bragging type things they so freely expanded upon during the interview become hands in the pockets and 'What to do?' to the point that you have to do more work then they do just to get the job done. It's constant baby-sitting or you will find things like laundry that just gets folded instead of washed, lost money out of pockets or wallet. Begging for an advance and then not showing up, etc. The hardest part is Don't be nice to them. If you do they will totally take advantage of you and screw it up for themselves.

I've lived in Nepal for two years now. The work ethic is difficult for us to understand, but I love living here. It's a great place to retire to. This is the biggest problem I've experienced since I've been here.

I write a blog about life here in Nepal and even wrote a book on surviving Nepal as an expat. It's like a manual for expats. The blog is listed on this site at http://FrugalTravelsNepal.blogspot.com