Cheapest Way to go to Bangkok from PP?

Hi all,

I am planning to go to Bangkok from PP, but I'm wondering what are the different routes I can take, and what are the expenses involved. I heard that flying there takes about $200, and taking the night bus takes about $20, but it's a 20 hour ride. Is that true? Can anyone share his/her experience with me?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I believe by the time you take a bus from PP to Bangkok, including all the taxis, it will cost you a little more than $20. Maybe 1000-1200 baht. I haven't done this run in many years but a mini-van from Bangkok to the Cambodian border costs about 230 baht each way. And yes, the journey is quite long. Honestly, if you have the money, just fly.

You should be fly , don't waste 20 hours on the bus which hurt your back and make your trip bad.

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. So it does take 20 hours? I guess that's my main concern. I've taken 10 hours bus ride and it was okay, but I think if the duration doubles I will definitely forget about the whole idea.

plane !

anthonyteo wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for the reply. So it does take 20 hours? I guess that's my main concern. I've taken 10 hours bus ride and it was okay, but I think if the duration doubles I will definitely forget about the whole idea.

Depending on where you're staying it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes to get to the mini-van near Victory Monument.

It then takes a little time before the van leaves. Then it's another 4-5 hours to get to the border. Then there's 30-60 minutes to get through the border.

Then you either get a bus or take a taxi to PP. Depending on how many people want to take a taxi you can go right away or you may have to wait and wait and wait.

So let's assume you take the bus. I have NEVER taken the bus because I always shell out the cash for the taxi (car) to take me to PP. It can take 8-9 hours depending on the weather, plus a little time to get to the hotel. So I would say you can safely get to PP in 15 hours. Like everyone has said, unless you just want the adventure (and it can be), take a flight. Much easier on the ass and for the price, it's worth it to spend 3 or 4 hours to go to and from the airports plus fly.

It takes 8-9 hours for a taxi?! Then taking a bus must be out of the question. Yeah, if I'm up for an adventure - no, even if I'm up for an adventure I'll probably take the taxi like you did. It's crazy.

Alright then, thanks a lot scottmallon, I think I have a pretty good idea of the whole thing now. Cheers.:)

Maybe you can consider to visit a few places along the way to BKK. That will make the journey more interesting

I've flown a few times to PNH from BKK and never paid more than 70$ all in. I would never consider the bus on that route, from what I've heard it's an absolute nightmare.

Corvin - $70 RT? Even $70 one-way; nowadays, even all in you're lucky to get a ticket for 4000 baht RT to PP including tax.

scottmallon wrote:
anthonyteo wrote:

Depending on where you're staying it takes anywhere from 5 minutes to 60 minutes to get to the mini-van near Victory Monument.

It then takes a little time before the van leaves. Then it's another 4-5 hours to get to the border. Then there's 30-60 minutes to get through the border.

Then you either get a bus or take a taxi to PP. Depending on how many people want to take a taxi you can go right away or you may have to wait and wait and wait.

So let's assume you take the bus. I have NEVER taken the bus because I always shell out the cash for the taxi (car) to take me to PP. It can take 8-9 hours depending on the weather, plus a little time to get to the hotel. So I would say you can safely get to PP in 15 hours. Like everyone has said, unless you just want the adventure (and it can be), take a flight. Much easier on the ass and for the price, it's worth it to spend 3 or 4 hours to go to and from the airports plus fly.

Sorry. I just put it's wrong. it's around 12-13 hours.. T^T.. It's my typing mistaken.

rioinbangkok wrote:
scottmallon wrote:
anthonyteo wrote:

Sorry. I just put it's wrong. it's around 12-13 hours.. T^T.. It's my typing mistaken.

If you are traveling alone and taking a taxi from the border of Cambodia to Phnom Penh, you either pay more money or you wait for other passengers. In all of my experiences I've waited for a couple of hours or if I was in a hurry I just paid. Like I said though, 15 hours is a safe estimate. I've went during the rainy season and the roads were flooded. It took almost 18 hours that time. Another time the driver was going too fast and we slid off the side of the road in to a ditch. So while 12-13 hours is possible, anything can happen and there are variables that can cause the trip to take longer.

In any case - flying is by far the fastest and most comfortable option.

Hi. I'm from Singapore & I don't know if this is the correct forum I should be posting this on but same question as above but instead of PP, I shall be departing from Siem Reap and heading to Bangkok. May I know the best route to take by land (Bus?) & the expenses it may incur? Any helpful information would be highly appreciated. Cheers!

Best and safest method is to fly.