Temp Employment Agencies-Manchester

Can anyone share their experiences working with Employment Agencies in Manchester? I am scheduled to relocate in March. Once I obtain my NI number I intend to persue temporary admin job assignments as I seek a full-time position within my field. My experience in Amsterdam and San Francisco is that agencies are more than pleased to add you to their candidate database and promise you everything but produce nothing for you unless you plague them with follow-up calls. Anyone have advice or recommend specific agencies I should register with. Thanks!

Thank you HulaHula for your response and recommendation of two agencies. I'll check them out! I shouldn't be so harsh on all agencies in general as I have had some successes with a few in the past that were very proactive in providing me with steady assignments until I landed a full-time position on my own. Last summer while lifting a pint on Canal Street I met a recruitor from Connections (a charming woman)and we casually discussed the current job market/opportunities and Manchester itself. She invited me to visit her Deansgate office upon arrival and also recommended that I register with up to three other agencies as well. Since then she has contacted me twice to follow-up on my relocation progress and keeping me abreast of the job market situation. Hopefully by next spring when I arrive the economy will continue to recover. Thanks again for your response!
Michael

I am looking for a job in Finance and accountancy. If anyone has a contact, just let me know

Hello CristianoRonaldo, could you please post an advert in Manchester classifieds > Jobs section?

Thank you,
Harmonie.