What should be the permonth salary is for fresh Engineering Graduate?

I have recently completed my degree in electronics engineering and have been offered a position for Technical and Sales Engineer in KSA. They are offering me US$800/= per month i.e (SAR3000/=)+ accommodation + medial insurance.

Will this be sufficient and how much will i be able to save every month. More so what are the over head expenses other than food, like transportation, electricity bills etc.

Any other piece of advice like frauds, exploitation etc.

Thanks in Advance

Asim Siddiqui

Hello Asim Siddiqui.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Saudi Arabia forum.

In meantime, do not hesitate to go through the other threads on Cost of living in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi assim, i am not an engineer but im working in saudi arabia regarding your querries well that money can support you because its true that the accomodation is free and of course your electric bills and water bills are free too...you only have to pay your food allowance 150 dollars per  month can sustain your daily needs...just ask regarding your transportation if its free.. theres no tax here..i hope this is informative to you.

Thanks nimfa_sacay, but i have already declined the offer thinking the pay was too less. Now i Feel i should have taken the offer.:(

Hi

Its a good opportunity for a graduate. The experience will enable you to earn better in future. agree with Nimfa_macay

Good luck

get a visa and make 1600 a month at mcdonalds in america.

800 USD a month isnt worth moving to saudi arabia.

Hi Asim,
The average salary for a recent grad is about 8,000-15,000 SAR
3000 SAR is VERY LOW salary for an engineer.

I got an interview call to attend and don't know how prepare. Please guide me ... I wish work in KSA.Also i'm recent mechanical engineering graduate looking for a job in oil & gas sector. Please please guide me....

hiccup wrote:

I got an interview call to attend and don't know how prepare. Please guide me ... I wish work in KSA.Also i'm recent mechanical engineering graduate looking for a job in oil & gas sector. Please please guide me....

Try this website for salary www.payscale.com

How much would be the basic salary for fresher's ? Can we experience proper increments working in Saudi?

FaisalM wrote:

Hi Asim,
The average salary for a recent grad is about 8,000-15,000 SAR
3000 SAR is VERY LOW salary for an engineer.

Faisal

I think your salary ranges for Saudi Engineers not for foreign Engineers

Regards,

Ahmed

hiccup wrote:

How much would be the basic salary for fresher's ? Can we experience proper increments working in Saudi?

It depends on the nature of the work, civil engineers not like electrical engineers, working in oil & gas sector not like working in construction sector, unfortunately in general but not always it depends on your nationality also

Regards,

Ahmed

How much can fresh mechanical engineer can expect? I am from India..
Also how much would be the expenses for a nice living in kingdom?

As I told it varies, but in general I think 3000 S.R as a basic salary is good start

to have single room here in khobar you need at least 1000 S.R accommodation allowance

Regards,

Ahmed

I feel soooo bad knowing that an american can get quadruple that of which is offered to Indo-Pakis

rareshine wrote:

I feel soooo bad knowing that an american can get quadruple that of which is offered to Indo-Pakis

Unfortunately a lot of companies measuring the value of the person according to the nationality, not in  Saudi Arabia to be honest but in all arab countries.

Dear ..
It is very less . you should not accept below 5000 SAR ..Cost of living is very high ..further you need good start to career ..Thanks

akhtarar wrote:

Dear ..
It is very less . you should not accept below 5000 SAR ..Cost of living is very high ..further you need good start to career ..Thanks

Eureka, You did it and he got the answer after more than a Year !!

rareshine wrote:

Monetary wise, I don't feel there's anything bad in that. Else people from those places (first world countries) wont come in this part of the world and spend their valuable times.

I just feel Bad the way Black Skinned people are treated and looked upon.