Americans in Kuala Lumpur?...Football(American) Season

Hello,

I just joined this site after many attempts on my own to meet new friends the old fashioned way. I'm relatively new to Malaysia (have been here for a couple of months now) and am hoping to find some 'cool peeps'. No, American is not a requirement, given that I've only met one other American since arriving anyway, and this was within the last week.

I'm pretty laid back and easy to get on with (likely the Californian in me) and I like to imagine my conversations are far from boring (New York provides plenty of topics to choose from).

I live near KL Sentral and would like to find some nice places to hang out at (not necessarily in the area)...including watching some football games, eating, local must-sees and must-dos, things not highlighted in the lonely planet/timeout, after work hangouts, etc...

Cheers!
J

Hi,
well when i came to malaysia, i had the same feelings, no one to talk to, no one to hang out with. you know it s getting boring here. i have been in KL for 2 months. and till now i haven't find someone to make him a friend. i d like to meet you and have fun together. you can see my profile to know more about me.

hi...
nice to meet you. i agree with kermache2004. maybe it is hard in the first 2 months, but it will be easy when you settle down and start to know people around you.
malaysians are not into american football but they are into soccer. it is hard to find a place with your game of interest. most of the time they are in love to watch badminton and futsalball.
you can be at any old town cafe with a wide screen tv showing football games. maybe you can ask them if they can change the channel to your game of interest.

Hi Jannie (and others)

My name is Ryan and I am from the Netherlands recently moved to KL as an expat as well. I have been here less than 3 weeks and as well looking to my friends to hang out and do things with.

I am actually a huge NFL fan....and actually went to Wembley couple of weeks ago when the Pats were playing the Rams...

Perhaps we could meet up or something....what do you say....this saturday or something..grab a coffee maybe...

regards,

Ryan