Moving to Seyshells

Hi Everyone!!

I have a sweet job waiting over there. So I'll be coming to Seychells either end of December or end of January. Looking to make some friends and wanna know how life is over there?

Hello R.C.E.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Is there anything that I need to bring from Sri Lanka? I heard that food was expensive? is that true?

Well,everything is expensive here coz they are usually imported goods. There will be VAT imposed next year January,so it will be more expensive. Bring whatever spices you need for cooking probably =)

Ronald.. thanks a lot for the heads up... Will make sure to bring super load when coming :)

Hi me too coming there by the end of January 2013... love making frnds... so look forward to it...

[Moderated: Please post in Housing section]

hi there...ill be moving to mahe by the end of this month and wouldnt mind meeting new ppl...i will live in the south of mahe...are there any expat meet ups?

hi welcome....ders none in specific but yeh we can always arrange and meet up....many expats been arriving...so yeh we can arrange a meet up perhaps at some beach...

JillBarthel wrote:

hi there...ill be moving to mahe by the end of this month and wouldnt mind meeting new ppl...i will live in the south of mahe...are there any expat meet ups?

Hi Jill do you wana get in touch?I'm a local!