Coming soon to Phnom Penh

Hello:

I am soon becoming an American expatriate.  I hopefully will be teaching part-time at Pannasatra University, located south of the Royal Palace.

I will appreciate any information about in what area will best be to reside, apartments to investigate, cost of living, doctors/hospitals, banking, meeting people, and any other info that can allow me to have a "snag-free" readjustment.  Thanks.

Dan

(moderated: no free ads please)

heya..
the best would be for u to live as closest as possible to your working place :) its a small town  but transport infrastructure isnt the best thing in the world

Hello Dan,

I invite you to take a look to forum phnom penh. you might find some useful information.

Melissa

Hi Dan,
I work right near PUC (the university) and live in the suburb the university is in, commonly referred to as BKK1. It is an expat suburb and one of the more expensive places in Phnom Penh. The thing is, it is close to everything and relatively quiet. Electricity is expensive (very) and sometimes you also have to pay for your water usage on top of your rent so it all adds up. I am in a very nice apartment but pay $1,500 per month. There are many cheaper options around this area though.
Meeting people is harder. I am part of a project but after six months still have not linked up with any.one to have lunch or go see a few sights. I am 62 years old. I think it is easier for the younger people. Shopping in supermarkets or the local markets is all good. You can get everything you need. Banking is also OK, There is an ANZ bank here that expats use and there are a few ATM machines around this area of the city.

Good luck on your venture.
Alison

Moderated by Julien 7 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct