Joyful Istanbul

Hello everybody,
I'm new on "Expat.com". I think it would be good if I introduce myself to all  expats.
So, I'm Badr. Came from Morocco and Newly settled in Istanbul... What a beautiful city btw.
I work as a journalist and Tv reporter for an economic channel.

I would like to ask for some tips to well begin my expat experience (most known traditions and life styles, things not to do and that sould respect.
How about creating a new bank account and how to meet with you guys.)

And as  I noticed, the most of the turkish people do not speak or understand english. What do you think about the better way to learn turkish ? language center or books and internet,

Hey Badrovic,

Welcome to Istanbul. You're right Living in Turkey is really hard without knowing Turkish. The best way is to take Turkish courses for a while then began to speak and practice with Turkish people to improve it.

Please feel free to contact with me. You can ask me whatever you want to learn about Istanbul or Turkey.

Take care.

Hello Badr.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning the bank, this article on Banks in Istanbul and this thread on Banking in Istanbul could help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hey Ays4,
Thank you very much for the welcoming.
I took your advice... I phoned a language center in Taksim and I'll begin courses in December inchallah.
I will not hesitate to ask more as soon as I need so.
Thank you

Hello Aurelie, thank you.
That's helped me a lot :);))