New Member from Northern Ireland

Hi

I have just moved to Riyadh (last Friday) !

I'm working for Dar Al Riyadh at King Abdulaziz road near exit 13.

It's all very daunting and I've had times this week wondering if I should go home, but that's not an option really!

I'm staying in the Mutlaq hotel near work but. Have to leave soon to find an apartment or compound. :-( and have no idea where to look.

My wife and son are coming over once my Iquama comes through so I need to consider compounds and schooling.

If anyone can help with advice r indeed to meet up for a coffee I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hello Tim.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Riyadh forum.

Concerning the accommodation, I invite you to read this article on Compounds in Riyadh.

The Housing in Riyadh section is at your disposal. You can check the ads and post an advert there as well.

What's the age of your son?

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Tim and welcome to EB!

Have you checked out the accommodations link? 

https://www.expat.com/forum/424-7-accom … iyadh.html

Also, you should read the Housing posts in the Guide (the vertical rectangular box to the left).

Best of luck.

Would keep an eye on this thread.

StudioTDL wrote:

Hi

I have just moved to Riyadh (last Friday) !

I'm working for Dar Al Riyadh at King Abdulaziz road near exit 13.

It's all very daunting and I've had times this week wondering if I should go home, but that's not an option really!

I'm staying in the Mutlaq hotel near work but. Have to leave soon to find an apartment or compound. :-( and have no idea where to look.

My wife and son are coming over once my Iquama comes through so I need to consider compounds and schooling.

If anyone can help with advice r indeed to meet up for a coffee I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hold on man, there are lot of good things about this city, and once you get to know more people you'll quite enjoy it here.

welcome bro its great to have a brother like, hit me up and tell whats up i can assist

Richy