TV show looking for x-pats

I'm a series producer for a new Discovery Channel show that's about the world's worst cities in which to drive.  The first season cities are:  Delhi, Manila, Bangkok, Mexico City, Moscow and Rio de Janeiro. Most of the main characters in our shows are from the local city, but we are looking for someone to add a familiar-but-foreign perspective.  Someone who is fun and funny and can talk to our host about his/her driving experiences. We will pay for your time and it will truly be a fun time (one or two day commitment). If you're interested, email me.

Hi derekmillertv and welcome to Expat.com!

Could you please post an advert in the Looking for section of Mexico classifieds?

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

We are a couple living in mexico,Nuevo Vallarta

I am from the UK and my girl friend from Toronta Canada,

I meet Amy on the beach here just going though my devoice after 16 years of marrage i am 56 Amy a beautiful 37 ,i lived here now for seven years had a couple of business and a couple of property and now in partnership with three other in real estate doing ok but slow,

Let me know if you interested in the Bay Of Banderas we would make a great show,

Best wishes

Dana and Amy

Hi! Your ad for an interesting experience sounds appealing so maybe I can help... I drove to Mexico in my Audi from Canada to Cozumel, in the middle of winter, after marrying a Mexican and living in the Caribbean for a couple months, I then went off to Mexico City, and much of the surrounding areas - I have had a ton of fun and odd experiences while living in Mexico for a couple years - car problems (engine replacement), vehicle tows, car accidents and bumps, lots of experience with mechanicos (many of my first words in Spanish were car-part related), been on many cuota and libre highway trips, outrunning the Federales a couple times, car exhaust smoking problems which caused attention in Mexico while sitting in traffic (which isn't THAT bad compared to Canada!)... I learned NEVER to pull over for the police in Mexico and how to get out of a situation if they do... in comparison to Canada (lived in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Regina), in my mind I believe Mexico City is a great place to drive and live - the design of the infrastructure is well thought out, construction times are short and organized, love the parking helpers everywhere you go (ie: Walmart shopping - they even unload your cart and groceries for you)... the climate is great so no worries with freezing to death if being stranded on a highway.... besides my Audi adventures, while my car was being repaired, I bought a E150 Van that I toured around (and slept in) with my child - it didn't even have plates (was one of those "illegal" imports that I bought at some shady car lot), no insurance or papers, and never had any troubles with that either. Car insurance for ex-pats is super cheap in Mexico too... I always tell my friends in both countries all my stories about driving in Mexico and they laugh and can't believe how outrageous the difference is... right now I am in Edmonton for a few more months while tying up some loose ends before I return to Mexico again so if you would like to talk on the phone, I can be reached on my cell at (780) 299-0456.
Cheers!
Jennifer Lee

Just Mexico City?
That's too bad. :(

I live in Playa del Carmen and here we have an important community of italians, argentinians, french, quebecois and israelis people. We all live here with our families, in another culture, enjoying this beautiful place where fun and parties are from monday to sunday, non stop. The best period time is just around the corner: Avicii, Guetta, Tiesto are coming and then BPM. :lol:

We all work together to receive people from abroad to celebrate with us: mexicans and foreigners but all locals.

I have 2 kids: one born in Mexico but completely french (15 years old) and a daughter (6) born in France but completely mexican. lol. That's fun to watch.

Anyway, if you always have to come and need accommodation for you, family, friends, co-workers, tell them to contact me. I'll find you a nice place to stay. You can contact me (you and all people reading this) through my professional facebook account Voila Playa.

See ya'! :cool:

Hey man, how are you? My name is Nina, iŽve been living here in Mexico City on and off for most of my life because i like traveling , so i know my way around pretty well. I am here right now if you are looking for someone for your project, i;d love to participate. I also have some experience in front of cameras if that helps .
Good luck with the project, hope you find the right person ( hereŽs to hoping itŽs me lol) :P
Cheers

I'm located in Cancun , if you need someone there, I'm hysterical (if i might say so myself-my friends usually leave me with their cheecks hurting) I've lived in Mexico for 9 yrs and can give great perspective on driving here - mexico city, the deserts, highways etc.  I mean who needs a turn signal in Mexico .. Right? and those lines on the road.. why do they even bother wasting the paint on them.... good luck with the show, email me if you need someone in Cancun. 
Cheers~
Heidi

Derek,
I'm not sure if all your available spots are filled on this, but I live in the northern Mexico City area, and just came through DF today from Acapulco.  Dear God, why do all of these people live here?  There is not enough Gin in the world to cover this mess.  Tepotzotlan is my home, but unfortunately I drive all through Cuautitlan Izcalli and occasionally into DF.  I have contemplated writing a book on why the drivers in Mexico City morph into demons whilst behind the wheel.  Perhaps we could contemplate this together.  Let me know what you think, and I'll tey to stay alive long enough to get your reply.
Paul Pakyz

Hello Im Steve from the uk and have lived in mexico for 7 years, i also have some experience in one of the other bad cities Moscow

I live in Mexico City

Thanks

Steve

Hi.
Are you still looking for expats?
Bryan

@BryanCrook

Welcome to the forum.

This is an old inactive thread so you will not get a reply. Just check dates before posting.

Du to the old age of this topic, I'm closing it.

If you're looking to meet other expats, don't hesitate to create a new topic

Topic closed

Closed