Inquiry

Hello there!

I am about to work there in Kuwait.
My employer offered me AED4000 (approx. KD300+) as store-in-charge cum visual merchandiser. Would that suffice my living there and my family here in the Philippines.

When I got there, is it easy to look for accomodation? Got no idea yet on which particular branch i will be assigned in. Just in case, I prefer a shared accomodition for cheaper one.

BTW, do you have any idea on GANT branches you have there? Where is the best location?

Many thanks and regards,

Mark Ferrer

Hi Mark and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

I suggest you to post an advert in the section Housing in Kuwait.

Harmonie.

hi....accommodation is easy to find but at 300kd you will have to share.....most apartments start at around 160kd per month....you might pay around 70kd for a shared place.....nearest Gant is in the 360 mall

Thank you so much:)
I'll be in hotel for one week to find an accomodation. Hope to find early.

BTW, how is driving there? Is it easy for an expat to get a driver's license? What are the requirements?

Another question: Which of these choices can be better and save both time and money, to rent a car or to commute via public transport?

How much is the cheapest car for rent/mo.?
How much is the minimum fare for short distances (+/-1mile)?
How much is Big Mac (of McDonald's)there and the cheapest instant noodle? just want to compare with prices here in Phil.

Please advice.

thank you,

Hello Mark Ferrer,

I suggest you take a look to forum Kuwait - cost of living. I am sure you will find it helpful ;)

Best of luck,
Melissa

Thanks so much to all your input, guys,
Got some ideas on living there.
I guess living somewhere could either be good or bad depending on your lifestyle, character and attitude towards people and environments.

See you all soon.

Again, thank you.

Mark