Query

Hi Folks,

A big hello to all.

I am an Indian resident looking forward to move to NZ. I am a Jewelery Designer and Engineer, Gemologist and Diamond Grader by profession with 7+ years of work experience in International and National sector. I want to know abt moving to NZ and getting a job there. I have classified my queries in some bullet points below. Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

* I need to know the available options to get into the country. Can one straightaway immigrate to the country to work or first has to acquire a work visa and then can think of filing for a permanent residence. I did visit NZ govt's official site and saw the skills in demand and point system but found it somewhat confusing.
* What is the job scenario for me?
* I did talk to one of the consultants and he advised that one has to be there find a job and off course finding a job may take some time for me till then can I do some other work to sustain.
* Is there any way to get a job and then a work permit on basis of the same?
* As I have no one there and I will be absolutely on my own once I come there, hence forth what all things I need to be prepared for.
* How much is the cost of living as I need to know till I get job how much I need to take care of my expenses.
* You can also give me some more insight in what kind of country NZ is, How the work culture and how much is the presence of Indians there?

Thanks to all of you in Advance
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav & welcome to Expat.com!

For better interactivity, your thread has been moved to New Zealand forum.;)

Hope that you'll soon be advised.:)

In the meantime, I invite you to browse through the different threads of the forum & through the articles in our participative guide.

Wish you well,
Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie

thanks