Finding Guide for Area Around Delhi

Hello! I am going to be traveling to India early 2013 in order to photograph the sugarcane harvest in the farming area around Delhi.  I am learning as much Hindi as I can between now and then, but I will still need much help from a local guide who can assist with any language issues, coordinating contact with appropriate people in the farming community, and generally helping gain access to the area and people. 

Ideally, I would like to work with someone who is familiar with the farming community around Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.  Does anyone know of someone in the area who would be willing and able to work as a guide?  Or perhaps a good idea for how to find such a person?  Any help would be very much appreciated. 

Thanks to all!

Freddie

Hi Freddie and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to post an advert in the section Jobs in New Delhi, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi FBunch,

Saw your post was unanswered, also saw that you're supposed to visit in Jan.

Did you get what you are looking for? Is it too late?

If not, then I remembered that I have a friend who's living in & farming in the sugarcane area around U.P. / Uttarakhand border.

He can help you translate, & even answer ALL your farming community related queries himself with phenomenal intellectual input (his grasp & understanding is simply phenomenal so far as farmer's issues are concerned, as is his ability to express his knowledge.

I don't think he would charge anything as farming is his passion. (though let him feel nice about denying your offer of money)

Depending on your interaction with him (over phone or in personal meeting) maybe he invites you to stay at his place. Otherwise you'll have to go to nearest town which has hotels to stay for the night (incase you plan to spend more than a day in the area)

The guy is FULL OF LIFE & generally an enthusiastic person & it would be an invigorating & pleasant experience for someone visiting him on a topic that's his passion.

Lemme know if its still not late & I'll send you his number & you take it from there.

Goodluck with your sujorn