Expat blog meeting - Dilmun Club, Saar Thursday 15th 8pm

Hi - I am not in Bahrain yet but will be there by Christmas. I will definitely be interested next time!
ohcanada

Hi Jo
Thanks for organizing, you can count me in!

I am a filipino, and i'm in.... would it be possible to bring a friend with me..?

Josnuggles wrote:

Right guys I'm off out for a girly night to gather women troops to come to the gathering on Thursday. So apologies in advance if I don't answer emails until tomorrow.

I will also be popping into the Dilmun (Dilly) club to ensure everything is organised properly for next Thursday.

Have a good evening all

Jo

Thanks josnuggle..count me on as well ..please do pass the information ...about the thing and do let me know of u require any support from my side too ...I am putting up in juffair

Hello all!

I am interested! very new in Bahrain, no idea where the place is, I am coming from Juffair, need some assistance..let me know of updates!

Thanks for the message JO, great job!

I am a lady....

Hey guys!

Its really nice to see so many people getting ready to join the fun.

I was talking to my land lady yesterday and she told me that things aren't going that well in SAAR these days. I mean the riots n all.

I believe the club area will be safe but do you think it would be OK to travel in that area on a weekend at night? I don't know how true all these rumors are but I've been hearing people block roads, and stop your cars.

I am a Pakistani n I've been hearing that things aren't going that well specially for our nationality lately. May be I'm over-reacting because I'm new here.

Just wanted to share what I'm hearing n hoping its not as bad as it sounds! :S

Thanks for the message. I just landed  a month back.Look forward to come though. May need assistance for trasport as dont have my car yet. regards
Mudasir

Hi to all and good morning..

@Josnuggles,,,
Count me in for any help you need to organise things..

:)

Count me in too...

brightonguy wrote:

Count me in too...

:one

Hi Team, Please count me in. Thanks Jo for the making it happen.

Since I am new in Bahrain(only week old) would like to to be pickedup if possible.

thanks in advance.

Would've loved to join this, but I've got something else lined up for the 15th.. :(

Hoping there will be another one soon..

Have fun you all!

zizu2001 wrote:

Hi Team, Please count me in. Thanks Jo for the making it happen.

Since I am new in Bahrain(only week old) would like to to be pickedup if possible.

thanks in advance.

You are more than welcome.....Car sharing is to be organised 2 days before the event so please keep an eye on this post.

Jo

Bear in mind 15th is a holiday and there are rumours that the unrest is going to increase towards Ashura but as mentioned they are just rumours so just stay safe on the way to Dilmun Club guys.

brightonguy wrote:

Bear in mind 15th is a holiday and there are rumours that the unrest is going to increase towards Ashura but as mentioned they are just rumours so just stay safe on the way to Dilmun Club guys.

Thanks for the info Brightonguy

hiiii everybody
i am sure it would be soo nice, i hope i can come

count me in too Josnuggles.......
well its a good plan to have such gathering
specially for ppl who have come to Bahrain recently and not got a chance to go out will be able to interact with people.

Hats off to you dear

I would travel from Seef, if anyone travelling from Seef please let me know if there is any pick-up point out there........

mudasir wrote:

Thanks for the message. I just landed  a month back.Look forward to come though. May need assistance for trasport as dont have my car yet. regards
Mudasir

Hi

look forward to meeting you

Car sharing and lifts will be organised 2 days before the event on here and I'm sure one of our members will help you out. Just keep looking at the forum for more details

Jo

haseebahm wrote:

Hey guys!

Its really nice to see so many people getting ready to join the fun.

I was talking to my land lady yesterday and she told me that things aren't going that well in SAAR these days. I mean the riots n all.

I believe the club area will be safe but do you think it would be OK to travel in that area on a weekend at night? I don't know how true all these rumors are but I've been hearing people block roads, and stop your cars.

I am a Pakistani n I've been hearing that things aren't going that well specially for our nationality lately. May be I'm over-reacting because I'm new here.

Just wanted to share what I'm hearing n hoping its not as bad as it sounds! :S

I live in Saar and occasionally you have a little fire at Saar crossroads ( boys being boys) this is well away from the club. They block the road but nowhere near where you will be going. Please do not panic. Saar has a bad name for no reason what-so-ever. I would not have my 11yr old living here if it was dangerous, nor to that point would I live here.

There is only one place in Saar that has a little tiff and that is called Saar crossroads, there is a diversion that takes you well away from there and leads you straight to the Dilmun's door.

Jo

Zahid.Ansari wrote:

I would travel from Seef, if anyone travelling from Seef please let me know if there is any pick-up point out there........

A seperate posting will be made regarding car sharing 2 days before the event.

A lot of people are coming from Seef so you should be fine

Jo

kool-male wrote:

Hi to all and good morning..

@Josnuggles,,,
Count me in for any help you need to organise things..

:)

Thank you. I may just take you up on that

I am in as well, been here for a short time myself and am living in Amwaj. If anyone needs a ride from Amwaj I have room. just call me at +973 3977 6767 John...

And thank you Jo for the organization :-)

Josnuggles wrote:

a little fire at Saar crossroads ( boys being boys)

Jo

When you can call street tire burning and riots a "boys will be boys", then you know you've been living in the middle east for wayyy too long!! Hahaha!

john/k/rodriguez wrote:

I am in as well, been here for a short time myself and am living in Amwaj. If anyone needs a ride from Amwaj I have room. just call me at +973 3977 6767 John...

And thank you Jo for the organization :-)

Thank you for offering lifts John - really appreciated

Jo

borntobemild wrote:
Josnuggles wrote:

a little fire at Saar crossroads ( boys being boys)

Jo

When you can call street tire burning and riots a "boys will be boys", then you know you've been living in the middle east for wayyy too long!! Hahaha!

Nope I was just trying to stress how small the troubles in Saar actually are. It's at one crossroads and there are other routes you can take

Jo

No problem...

have a great week all :-)

suggestion:
may be some of us cant come for his own reasons, at the same time, he wants to be in contact with the others, why don't we put our emails here,

If any one need a ride on my way just inform me I live in Busaiteen.

naser_hope wrote:

suggestion:
may be some of us cant come for his own reasons, at the same time, he wants to be in contact with the others, why don't we put our emails here,

We appreciate that people cant come for their own reasons but this isn't the place for email addresses.

If you wish to contact someone then I suggest you do it via personal message

Jo

steeeeel wrote:

If any one need a ride on my way just inform me I live in Busaiteen.

Thank you for your support

Jo

Not in the country yet so can't quite make it.:)

Syl

Hi everyone.

This is going so well I can't believe it.

So far we have 43 people coming to the event. The Dilly (Dilmun) have given us an enclosed area just beyond reception with our own waiters to get our food and drink - how spoilt are we??

They have asked for a list of names though, so if you haven't emailed me or posted on the forum, you won't get in.

Please contact me for entry and your name will be added.

I'm not organising anything other than introductions, name badges (sorry) and a place to meet - the idea is to natter, chill out, mingle and have fun.

Looking forward to a fantastic night :D

Hi Jo and thank you for the invite - We would love to come! 

How is it with kids?  are they allowed to come?  We are total of 5, but now sure if the oldest one would like to come.

If itŽs only adults then IŽll have to find a babysitter for my kids :)

Again, thanks for the invite, it really is a good idea I think:)

Regards, Lauga

Hi Lauga

So far I don't think any are coming, mine certainly aren't but saying that, if you have to bring them then let me know. It is kids movie night at the poolside but then you wouldn't get to meet us much as we would be on the other side of the club.

If you can get a babysitter then great, if not then let me know about the kids so I can adjust the numbers accordingly.

Either way please be there :-)

Jo

Hi all,

We now have 50 people on the list and I'm afraid that I am going to have to close the invite now due to the sheer amount of numbers. BUT due to the low amount of ladies coming, if you are female and interested then message me and I will see what I can do.

If you intend to bring a friend or partner and haven't yet told me then please let me know asap so I can add them to the list.

I'm working on an average of 20 - 30% not turning up so their should be spaces available

Look forward to seeing you all on Thursday.

I will have to start organising the next one now :D lol

Jo

Damn! this post is becoming popular!

Wud lik 2 know the updates regarding expat gathering

dharnadoc wrote:

Wud lik 2 know the updates regarding expat gathering

As per my post earlier today

Invites for the gathering have had to be stopped now as we have over 50 people on the list - If you are female and wish to come then private message me and I will make sure there is a space for you. Too many men v women.

If anyone already on the list wants to bring a friend and hasn't already told me then I need to know asap so I can add their name to the invite list.

Reception at the Dilmun club will have that list and if your name isn't on it then you won't get in.

Entry is free

Wearing a name badge (provided) is a must

Enjoying yourself is a must

Posting on here if you can offer (or need) a lift then communicate that between yourselves by private message.

We have a seperate marquee at the club with waiters to serve us drinks and food. Everything will have to paid for at the time of order - no tab will be given.

I hope I've covered everything

Jo

Hi all
I will be in Bahrain on Thursday till Saturday and i would like to see other Expat there.I am going there to play a sport.