Im a newbie here. I have few questions..

Hello everyone. Im a Filipina but currently staying in Singapore. Just last week, I got a call from one of the companies in ho min chi.I had series of interviews over the phone and skype and they are inviting for a face to face interview next week. The staff were really nice and professional but they want me to shell out for my plane ticket. Im trying to do a research about the company but they dont have a website. I cant say that.. the salary is competitive but atleast the accommodation is free of charge.In Singapore everything is expensive and they dont have their own natural resources, everything is being imported from Malaysia and different countries. I just need your inputs guys..

What are the things to know before going to Vietnam..If someone would give me a little advice..

Thank you everyone.

What is the name of the company?  Maybe someone can tell you if it is a good company.

Hi Perry! can I just PM it to you? I dont wanna sound skeptical about the legitimacy of the company.. ehheheh

Tickets to HCMC from Singapore are really cheap... $50-100 return trip on JetStar. I'd say why not go for it, the worst that can happen is that you'll have a nice little vacation in Vietnam for a few days.

@erufiku.. Yeah..Just checked the rates in Jetsar..your right! Thanks a lot!

hi friend.
do you wanna look for a job in Vietnam? yeah, if you trust the company, wellcome u to Vietnam. Jetstar airline is cheaper than Vietnam airline. futhermore, if you have a fiend in HCM city, call them to help you find the way to go to the company and find a good accommodation.
best regard.

@ledinhhieu2008.. I dont have friends in Vietnam... but I am considering the offer...thanks a lot!

If they have offered you a competitive salary, you would be better off living in Vietnam.

I think Im going there.. Thank you sghsaigon

Tiger is a discount airline from Singapore that flies to TP HCM. So does AirAsia.

And AirAsia has competitions on board including free tickets!

Thank you so much Jaitch...:) see you all soon..

I'm vietnamese, i'm living in Ho Chi Minh city, I think you should not work and live in viet nam. It s very difficult for you to stay here with bad economic, environmental and political...

@padgtvt.. awwwww.. Why did you say that? You should be proud of your own country :). You are not supposed to badmouth it.. I did some research and Vietnam is one of the developing countries.

I can have one suggestion for you.
You can google information about that company in Vietnamese languages. Then use google translation to understand it.
At the moment, if u say about "a company doesnt have a website", that sound strange to me. Almost company here have a website.
You can PM me if u need any more help :)

Hope you will be not disappear... Good luck to you. If you need my help, I will be alway willing help you with my knowledge.

Hi felicitas.89, I just got the Job contract..planning to sign it tomorrow. I will just pm you the provisions.. thank you so much! see you soon. :)

Thank you padgtvt!!!! let me just tell you something, I also came from third world country where people are always complaining about just anything. I believe that equality still exists.

Country A is so powerful and yet a lot of terrorist attacks against them.

Country B is full of natural resources but corruption exist,

Country C doesn't have natural resources but they are so wealthy...

Did you get what I'm trying to say? :):)

See you Soon...

I undertand you what say... I respect your feeling. Hope to make friend with you....

So when will u start working in VN? :)

hey parissgarcia,

if you decide to come to VN let us know we can all help out. these guys have been wonderful with all the information that they have provided. I have been here for a week in HCMC and its a wondeful place but careful of the pitfalls.

if you need any help your only a forum post away.

Charlie

Charlie, Thank you so much!!!:) Will do that.

See you soon.:)

parissgarcia wrote:

in ho min chi

Ho Chi Minh :)

Hey Parissgracia,

I received a PM from you but sadly I can't post back as I have not posted enough on this forum:) yup travelling is awesome but working in another country is even more amazing! I think that it is great that you are taking the leap to Vietnam, I am sure you will love the experience, culture and food. A friend of mine has relocated there and she loves it. As always a new experience comes with risks so just be very careful. Maybe we can meet up for coffee before you leave. Please PM me your email add if you are interested

traitao, yea..my bad..ahahha not "in ho min chi":lol:

Ho Chi Minh Rocks!!!

chatterbox, Just Pm you.. See you around.. :)