Suitable income for a middle class family live in Melbourne

Hi every body I want to ask about what is the suitable income to live comfortably for a middle class family with 1 child. this must include rate a house not far from the center city especially Monash University, taxes, food,some fun in weekends... how I can manage our income in our new life.

my Husband study to qualified to be immigration consultant and establish his new company but I am still worry it may be not enough to support our family what do you think about immigration agency in Melbourne is it worth??

Hi, I would say that if you want to have a family of three and own a house in the middle of Melbourne AND live 'comfortably' as you say, you'd have to be earning AT LEAST $150,000 a year. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your reply but I still wonder this amount before tax or after

with my best
Maha

Before tax, but NOT including superannuation. I've never seen a legit job advertised here listing after tax income. The more money you make, the better because this is an expensive place.

Hi Maha. Try this website to give you a look at cost of living
www.numbeo.com

Taxes are high here in Australia In fact the 6th highest taxed country in the world. On $150,000 you will end up with approx
$110,000 after tax. Your employer has to pay 9% of your husbands salary into a superannuation fund.This 9% is not deducted from the salary but is and amount over and above the salary.

You can make a tax claim at the end of each financial year and you will usually get a small sum of money back from the taxation department.

Rents in Melbourne are expensive as is travel.