Crossing to Belize from Mexico in an RV

First of all, the warmest THANK YOU to CaribeGal, for all the help and info , on the subject of entering Belize with dogs .

Below is the link to the topic , in case someone reading now, also has a dog , and plans to visit Belize .

BAHA paper for the dog

Now, RV and tow car . We have both . The car we towing unfortunately is the huge SUV with big engine .
We want to stay in Belize this season max 2-3 weeks .
Is it correct we will have to import our vehicles , and pay import duty
fees , bonds, whatever ?
Is Belize really so very different from another countries ?
You can not be a tourist, who just came for short vacation ?

Please , someone who really knows from hands on experience ,
please answer .

greetings eva

Hello , many views , and not much, nothing really .

Let me please quote , what I found, I think, on another forum,
what confuses me big time .

I drove a 32' motor home down last year thinking I would enter as a tourist. Wrong.
Had to do the full blown temporary import permit with a broker. I got a 6 month permit which can be extended for an additional 6 months.

Had to pay the same amount as the duty would be in the form of a cash bond. It is supposedly refundable.

I really do not know by whom and where it was posted , but it was
100 % about Belize .
Why the person who was thinking to enter as the tourist , started the process leading to 6 months permit , and  paid bond as high
as custom duty fee for 32 feet long RV ( what I found , it would be like ove 30% of the value), please help, I am really having hard time understanding this .

regards e

you do not have to import your RV/car if you are in Belize for less than 30 days.. customs will attached the vehicle to your tourist visa.

If you plan to be in Belize for less than 30 days it should not pose a problem. You will have your vehicle attached to visa and you will have to show the customs people your vehicle when you leave. You will NOT be able to get a visa extension as long as that vehicle is encumbering your visa. If you want to stay longer, you will have to pay import fees.