Getting married to a nepali

Hello! We are planning to marry with a Nepali citizen in Europe, but in order to do so, Nepali citizen must have:

1) Apostillized birth certificate
2) Apostillized Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
3) Passport.

Does anyone know where is it possible to get "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" in Nepal and get all the documents Apostillised (means they are signed with an international APOSTILLE stamp).

Hi, you need to arrange those papers through the District office or VDC office. But you need to check first individually for your country. The office will prepare the papers, probably by hand, and will then forward them to the embassy of your country. The embassy will then send an official to the home of your future husband to verify the details and his background, before reporting back to the embassy. This process sounds easy, but can be very tricky. Twice our papers were rejected as misinformation was collected and stupid mistakes made. So be patient and stay strong. :)

Thank you for information! :) Hmm but the problem is - there is no ambassy or consulate in Nepal of my country, the nearest one is in India...

Hi . Which country are you from ? The process Chris described is a bit different per country but you absolutely need the help of your embassy / consulate if they don't have one in Nepal you probably have a embassy in Delhi that also serves Nepal. Ask them first advice your probably not the first of your country who marries a nepali
PS the apostille stamps you can get at the ministry of foreign affairs. But only after the documents are translated by special allowed translators.
Good luck you need a lot persistence, patience and love for this.

You definately need the help of a consulate. You will also need the proper vaccines if it even gets that far.. The consulate is your path to getting this done. It took me a year and a half to get my wife from Nepal even though there was an American Consulate there, its still took that long!!! Patience and some luck.. perhaps some bribery... I would first research any steps to take from the nearest country to you then. what they do.. lots of info on the web you just have to dig.

Ann,

Since no one has posted a definitive answer I will give you my best guess. I think you need to start with the village development committee from his birth village. He should have family still living there. They need to help with it. Maybe he can find a childhood friend if his family doesn't want to help. But I think it's one of those things you have to go in person to see about.

You should also call the Immigration office in Kathmandu.

Hope this helps and I also hope someone gives you a better answer.

[moderated: why don't you give useful info here]

What is the benifit of being married?  Just curious, in vietnam the wedding party was necessay to make parents happy, but it is not a legal marriage?

You have to get all official documents through your spouse's CDO, and have them notarized there as well. Your spouse's CDO will be listed on their citizenship card:in other words , if they are from Pokhara, it will say which district, and then you find the office for it.