Malta or Gozo

Lynn and I are considering Gozo as our final destination.
We have visited and stayed on both but I would be interested for anyone to give me their pros and cons for living on either.
Thanks.

PS. Are there any duplicate Government Administrative Centres on Gozo rather than just on Malta?

myself (Naomi) and partner Carl are moving to Gozo after having a holiday home in Malta for a year. we have decided on Gozo to move to as its cleaner and the people seem nicer. also you get more house for your money

Cant argue with the reasons given by Naz23 - everyone is different -I just know I couldnt live there - tooo quietttttt for us.

but am sure it suits many hundreds of people

some govt departments are in Gozo (eg ID cards) some aren't (eg residency certificates)

Gozo is much less built up and less populated (1/3rd the population density) of Malta, and generally more laid-back, although parts of Malta are like Gozo.

Gozo isn't that quiet really, there's loads going on

I value other's opinions. The reason I ask is that we may have found an ideal property to rent, at a very good rate and with separate metering etc. In fact it ticks all the boxes on Toon's list.
We are going to see it at the end of Jan next year to give a yes or no.
I was just wondering if there may be any major downfalls to living on Gozo, which we actually prefer as it reminds us of 'old' Malta and we like the quiet.

What town?

PM'd you George.

georgeingozo wrote:

some govt departments are in Gozo (eg ID cards) some aren't (eg residency certificates)

Gozo is much less built up and less populated (1/3rd the population density) of Malta, and generally more laid-back, although parts of Malta are like Gozo.

HI George..
what parts of Malta are like Gozo?

Roughly, the bits facing Africa not Europe

Manikata,Mgarr, Dingli,

id agree with that Mgarr is nice - Manikata nice too although not so populated and a tad remote.....is betwwen Mgarr and Mellieha...Zebbiegh is probably another candidate.

I actually quite like Zurrieq - maybe even Dingli

attard is noce to although thats inland fairly central