My situation [Canada to Mauritius] ??

Hi guys, nice to meet you all and this is definitely an amazing place to be. I've been here for a couple of times reading your post and decided today to join the forum.

My name is Yohann and I'm 24 years old. I currently live in Quebec, Canada and I have the dual citizenship, Canadian and Mauritian. So I grew up here in Canada but I do go to Mauritius once a year and I'm definitely planning to settle there for good. My question is if you think I could get a good job there since I have a bachelor in accounting and several experiences in the banking field.

I was also born in France too by the way so I can easily apply for my French Nationnality, do you think this could be a plus for me? What if I apply for my French nationnality and then try to find a french compagny in Mauritius? I mean, there's definitely several options for me out there but I really don't know where to start...

Thank you for you thoughts and comments. Really appreciated!

Yohann

Welcome on Expat.com Yohann,

what's your occupation?

Being Mauritian will definitely help ! (things will be much easier, you won't need any occupation permit)

All the best,

Julien

Thanks Julien! Right now I'm working full time in a bank. I have several experiences in the banking field and like I said I also have a bachelor in accounting. Yes I'm mauritian and I have families in Mauritius so I think this will definitely help. I'll send you a personnal message Julien, I just read about your path to Mauritius and it's amazing.

Hi yo_one,

Suprisingly my secretary who is a Mauritian will be moving to Quebec, Canada next year. I would be pleasure to meet you whenever you are in Mauritius maybe you can give her some tips.

Hi terence, I can definitely help your secretary. You can give her my email and if she has any questions or anything I will definitely help her.

I did come to mauritius this year! I came on June and returned back on September... Ahhh I miss mauritius so much! I want to come back to settle down for good but it's all about finding a good job!

Thanks, just PM me your e-mail address and I will forward it to her.