Living in New Zealand: options?

Hello everyone!

Let me first introduce myself briefly. I'm a guy, 24 years old, and I currently still live in Belgium.
1 year ago, I graduated with an MSc in Civil Engineering. I then immediately started working for a large engineering consultancy firm.
But ever since, it just feels like a never-ending routine. Options for working abroad within my current company have been discussed several times, but it doesn't appear to be very common. And that's why I have decided to take matters into my own hands.
Recently, I stumbled upon some sites that have to do with the Christchurch rebuild; which seems like a very interesting, and challenging, project.
But the basic question I'm facing is the following:
- Is it realistic to be eligible for immigration as an engineer with limited experience?
And, apart from that, I'm still in doubt whether or not I should just dive into the deep end, or maybe do something like the WHP first.
Judging by the information I've found so far it's not possible for a registered profession (like engineers) to work in NZ with a temporary visa? Is that correct?
The thing is: I've never been to NZ. On paper, it ticks all my boxes (nature, climate, people, ...), but reality is totally different from time to time.

What advice would you guys give me? Honest thoughts are very much appreciated!

Kind regards from the opposite side of our beautiful planet!

Anyone?
Does anyone know if a company would ever be inclined to hire overseas workers for a limited amount of time?
I guess not, but you never know (running projects, for instance).
Thanks!

:up:

Hello neusaap.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Did you read these articles on Work/Labor market and Work visas in New Zealand? It may help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

(moderated: no free ads pls)