Work visit visa

Hey guys!

I am a new English teacher inside of an academy school. I wanted to know if it is normal to come on what is known as a business visa or a work visit visa. How does the process work? and how is your job security (I.E will they fulfill the years contract).  Even though it is a 90 day visa do they usually fulfill the year contract?

work visit visa is better known a business visa. if i am not wrong, usually the business visa is issues for a period of 30 days initially, which can be renewed for 2 more times (each 30 days) after you arrive the kingdom.

overstaying the visa is very risky. dont know how your company will manage to get the visa extended for 1 year.

This topic has been discussed numerous times on Dave's ESL Cafe.  I suggest you look at the Saudi forum on their jobs forums page.

Hi Jerome,

Arrive on a business visa is perfectly acceptable. My company used the same method to bring me here. The business VISA is a faster process then working at an Iqama and they can get you here quicker. I'm not sure how your company does it, but my company flys me to Bahrain every 30 days to leave the country for 48 hours, then I fly back in and start over again.

I'm not sure how long this will last but I'm pretty sure it's for the first 3 months until they can work on achieving a residency card.

Hope my example helps.

Cheers

Alex