English books in Vienna

We recently posted a Report from our trip to Vienna in which we attempted to map the local English language bookstore scene. Are there any other bookstores where you prefer to get your reading material in English? We'd be thankful for a recommendation so that we can keep our list of European bookstores growing.

Hello,

I know that most people prefer to read paper books rather than electronic books, but Amazon.com recently improved their eBook reader (the Kindle) so that it can download in many parts of Europe including Austria.  I also prefer paper books but this is a very easy way to get newspapers, magazines, and books.

amazon.com/dp/B0015T963C/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=4169696661&ref=pd_sl_93qxhnzinw_e

Cheers,
Dave

there's a great english language bookstore close to the ring! it's called the british bookstore, and it is full of the latest and greatest in all genres. and they organize author events. hooray!

there is also an international bookstore with some sort of american discount on neubaugasse, but i've never been inside.

if anyone is feeling a need for english books, you can also find them at the flohmarkt (the fleamarket every saturday next to the naschmarkt). also, i have some too! we can swap!

good luck!!
kate
(moderated)

there is also shakespeare & co. in the 1st, sterngasse 2

You can make also a Subscription in buechereien.wien.at/. ItŽs only 3 euros for year-card and I think there is a wide choice of english books :)
LG,
Elly

thanks for the useful info :)