Abaya color

Hi there,

Can SOMEBODY tells me if Wearing the Abaya I know itŽs an obligation but does it have to be BLACK????? Cańt we Wear other Colors? Can we have accessories  on the Abaya Like a nekless or no?

Thank you for your replies

gmalou1 wrote:

Hi there,

Can SOMEBODY tells me if Wearing the Abaya I know itŽs an obligation but does it have to be BLACK????? Cańt we Wear other Colors? Can we have accessories  on the Abaya Like a nekless or no?

Thank you for your replies

I've heard they wear different colors in Jeddah but I don't know for a fact (never been there).

But here's the thing, gmalou1.  Do you *really* want to attract attention to yourself?  Because that's what a colored one will do. 

Also, I think you don't realize the attractiveness of abayas!  Lots of them have glitter, gold/silver designs, (black) lace, black-on-black designs.  Mine has a bunch of rhinestones lol  There are literally thousands of different designs, some quite extravagant and very beautiful!

Thank you Allie for your reply... Ofcourse I dońt want to attract attention and really Like black color clothes  but just because of wearing the same color every Day could just be boring. And I WAS wondering if it was written somewhere in the law that women have to be in black :cool:

I get sick of wearing black abayas everyday too, but Alliecat is right, get some abayas with bling!  There are so many different styles and designs!  Ive seen ladies wearing necklaces or nice bracelets too!

Today I went to Brussels Capital of Belgium and i bought my first Abaya I found a lot of islamic shops with all staff from KSA and Morocco and a found a lot of choice. The first one that I try was looking Like a kamikaze lady I mean the complète Abaya veil and scurt Like iranian style .... The second one the one that ' choose have Nice and good design with glitter and looks Nice even if I look Like t'en years older with the Abaya and my 6 years daughter Start crying and told me.... Mama this is not your style and I hate the way you are going to dress :-(
After that I had to look for the veil and this was a very difficulté exercice cause the first that I tried to Wear I was looking Like sistre act but the thing is that I did not Wear it correctly.... You Know why???? Cause it was a Niqab loooooooool OMG my daughter and husband were scared and I was laughing in ( just to let you Know we are Muslims but very open mind) loool ok NOW I have to train myselff to Wear the veil :cool: and need a very Nice new sunglasses and handbag :thanks:

@g  but you don't have to wear the veil.  Most Muslim expat women I know choose not to and there's no problem.

no u cant wear other colours

@Alliecat.... REALLY????? What about the mutawa if They see me without  veil? Thank you for the information though good to Know

Counting on your Huge expérience in the magic Kingdom I can only trust you
Have a Nice Day :-)

Don't worry about the mutawa, esp. if you're with your hubby.  Muslim women should cover their heads, of course, but covering your face is optional.  I even know SAUDI women who choose not to cover their faces!

Expat non-Muslim women usually choose not to even cover their heads, although we do get harassed by the mutawa from time to time, at which we briefly cover and then uncover 10 seconds later as they run off after somebody else :lol:

But the abaya has to be black? No other colours, or details at all?

Edit: just read the previous posts... okay then, I'll look for abaya with some decent details, just not to be bored of wearing black every day...

Thank you Alliecat have a great Day
Myriam

In Jeddah you can wear any dark color and pattern. Back can be much lighter than front.

Yes but we are going to Riyadh :/

I've heard that shababs (=young saudis) from Riyadh come to Jeddah to look at nude (=uncovered faces and some even hairs) females.

:offtopic:

lol

Oh baby.. let me look at your naked .. elbow! :D

Alliecat wrote:

lol

Oh baby.. let me look at your naked .. elbow! :D

:offtopic:

:P