Is it ok to have a decent lifestyle?

Hi Dear omani residents

This is my first post here in muscat blog.
I have got an offer in Airlines company as Project Manager, With a salary of 1400 OMR which does not include my housing and transportation.
but i will be getting all other benefits like Family status,air ticket annually with paid vacation,insurance for self and family etc..

Is this salary ok have decent lifestyle and good schooling for kids .

How do i own a car , rent to lease or rent per month which is better.

thanks and regards
Syed Ahmed

Hi Syed Ahmed and welcome to the forum!

A new thread has been created on Muscat forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.:)

Harmonie.

syedtufail wrote:

Hi Dear omani residents

I have got an offer in Airlines company as Project Manager, With a salary of 1400 OMR which does not include my housing and transportation.
but i will be getting all other benefits like Family status,air ticket annually with paid vacation,insurance for self and family etc..

thanks and regards
Syed Ahmed

Hi Syed Ahmed,

R.O. 1,400 minus housing is not really an excellent deal. But should be enough to lead a modest life. Kids' schooling in any International school is of course out of the question.

All the other benefits that you've mentioned are mandatory as per the Omani Labour Laws. So there's nothing really special about those.

See my other posts in this forum for more specific details.

Compare the costs of Renting a car as opposed to Leasing one. In my opinion, the former would work out better.

Good luck !

Mr. Sumitran.
Can you please define "WHAT IS AN EXCELLENT DEAL IN YOUR EYES ??"

schaz wrote:

Mr. Sumitran.
Can you please define "WHAT IS AN EXCELLENT DEAL IN YOUR EYES ??"

Hi schaz,

To me an excellent deal would be R.O. 30,000/- in hand per month + Villa + Vehicle + Chauffeur + Spa Membership + Children's Education in some International School + et al.

Mind you top CEO's of big corporates do make this kind of money !

Trust you've got your answer.

Cheers !

Sumitran, I believe you meant 3,000 per month ?

Tufail, you are the best judge of your salary if it is good or not. Do the calculation yourself and see how much you safe. Here ppl from 200 OMR pay to 8,000 live and all save out of their pays. Other than that, future growth, career etc matter too.

Thanks to all and Mr Sumitran for your replies , still in salary negotiations , will update when i am through . if they give 1200 + accommodation from company will it be good ?

Sumitran wrote:
syedtufail wrote:

Hi Dear omani residents

thanks and regards
Syed Ahmed

Hi Syed Ahmed,

R.O. 1,400 minus housing is not really an excellent deal. But should be enough to lead a modest life. Kids' schooling in any International school is of course out of the question.

All the other benefits that you've mentioned are mandatory as per the Omani Labour Laws. So there's nothing really special about those.

See my other posts in this forum for more specific details.

Compare the costs of Renting a car as opposed to Leasing one. In my opinion, the former would work out better.

Good luck !

Mr. Sumitran,
It's always preferable to concentrate about the 1000s of people rather than few singles. You're a pretty senior resident Im sure, however, the facts and figures which you point sometimes, are basically related to those few singles who are sitting on those high CEO levels. Perhaps I haven't met a CEO/Director here at PDO as well(Where I work) who takes away OMR 30K (It is indeed a fact).

So considering an average payroll for a professional, its quite Injustice to fear a person who is awarded a comparitively considerable Salary. Its all in a person's hand, how he manages his salary accordingly. To my personal views, a salary of OMR 800 can be sufficient as well, however OMR 8000 is insufficient also.

Hope you must have taken out the point which I wanted to expedite :) !!!

@Denimm - Maybe you could give more informations. Why 3500 RO? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Sayed,1400 is quite a decent salary in Oman.
Moreover you are on family status so it should not be a problem for you.