French student looking for a textile internship in India

I'm looking for a 6 weeks internship in may, to learn traditional techniques such as dyeing, block printing, weaving. I'm a first year student in fashion and textile. If you have anny contact or adresses, it would really help me! Thank's

where are you interested to come to? any city you have decided upon? textiles are rich in west bengal.

I haven't decided yet, but if I can, I would like to do 2 or 3 different places  because every area is interesting. But if I can do a lot of things in just one place, it's okay too! The more difficult is to find an entreprise that could sign the "Work Experience Agreement" papers.
Thank's for your answer!

Hi Violette,

you should also post in the India classifieds > Internship

All my wishes of success,

Julien

I know of some places in Rajasthan where artisians are using such techniques - and not many times it there a registered big company.

Send me information on what you are looking for in your 6 weeks internship.

May be you have to help me understand what you refer to - "Work Experience Agreement" papers"

Hey

I Have passed out from NIFT indias premiere fashion institute.
India has a varied array of crafts nd textile printing and ornamatation techniques.
Kindly go thru the net on what u want to do,where is it feasibile.
i would suggest to stay in delhi,or ny other metro as it gives you easy movement.

Regards
Arush Mahajan
[email protected]

Hi,
You can choose Mumbai.It has small & medium enterprises which make garments for exports & otherwise.A list can be avilable.You could send a mail to them all and confirm the arrangement.
Do write if you think that the list is a good idea.
arthand.

Hello,

Please check Erode and Tirupur which houses the biggest textile and dyeing house.

Cheers,
Rahul
[email protected]

Thank you everyone for your help! I finally found 2 internships, one in Vadodara and an other in Bellary.
If you have informations or if you know these cities, let me know!
Thank's

Hi Violette59. I am interested in this too. Could you message me the companies details? please
thanks

Hi,

Choose cities from two states, Gujarat and Rajasthan. Both states are good for textiles and esp. Gujarat is famous for this. Go for Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, these cities have many textile industries..

Gud Luck!

Hello, I know this is an old post but I after graduating from a textiles degree I am currently looking to gain work experience in India to learn about block printing and vegetable dyes.

Which internship did you end up going for? It would be much appreciated if you could let me know of any companies you know about!

Many thanks :)

Holly

There are several small units in Sanganer-Jaipur in the State of Rajasthan famous for their block printing and vegetable dyes. You may contact them by searching on Google.

Thank you for your help, I have heard Jaipur is famous for its wood blocking, and also a beautiful part of India to visit! :)

Holly

Hi! HollyWatts

Apart from the places mentioned here you can visit the Place called   Pilkhuwa. It is at the outskirt of Delhi ,falls in Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh. This place is famous for its textile products. From wooden block making to fabric printing at one small place. People are very friendly here. You will enjoy the intricate learning of the process. Don't forget to bring used wooden printing blocks as a souvenir.I too brought many at my each visit and used few as my drawer knobs and made Window Box with few intricate ones. Hope this information will help you too. Thanks